Anyone heard any news on Froyo + EVO 4G?

trojandnc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it will be easily attainable if you know what you're doing. Thinking of that I'm going to open up a ROMs/Hack sub forum. Thanks. ;)

don't mention it Jeremy ;-) although I have no idea what a "ROM" is I just upgraded to a Hero from a Curve a few weeks ago so I'm still in awe just over the regular stuff. Pre-ordered my EVO today.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
rumor has that it will be a little bit later than N1 or Droid. But it will be awesome with 2.2, more curious how flash 10.1 works on huge screen there.

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully we'll (EVO owners) will get the update in a timely fashion & not have wait months after 2.2 has been released to other non-sense devices.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully we'll (EVO owners) will get the update in a timely fashion & not have wait months after 2.2 has been released to other non-sense devices.

WOW, I really can't believe how short all the memories are around here. My wife, who won't root her Hero, is STILL waiting to get updated out of 1.5 HELL. Sprint is AWFUL with the updating thing, if you ask me. Just awful!!!

Now am I hopeful that Sprint and HTC have learned a little since then and will get the 2.2 update to their brand new phones in a timely manner(read: before the contract is up) ? Yes, I am a optimistic guy, but I am not holding my breathe at all.

*FINGERS CROSSED for 2.2*

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
We haven't even heard much on Froyo yet, jeez louise.

It's not that I am saying Froyo needs to come out a week after it's released from Google, but I sure hope it comes out quicker than with the Hero is all. That is a total cluster.

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally think it will take a long time for 2.2 to come to the EVO. I believe the reason is that Sprint will need to figure out a way to block the tethering capabilities that come with 2.2

Oj_Mayo

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
yea sprint sucks when it comes to upgrading their software. the moment and hero is just now getting the 2.1 update otw and 2.2 is about to get released soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte