Anyone in regret yet ?

drew0020

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well here a couple of things that you may not know about:

1) You can simply download ItunesAgent (for windows) and there is a similar program for Mac that you can use to sync your Droid with iTunes. Obviously only if your music is DRM free.

2) I think the whole "task manager" thing is a obsolete at this point from all the chatter I see on the web. Android 2.1 seems to manage killing tasks quite well, and also with the Evo being so high end there is more than enough ROM to go around for all the programs. I have yet to see mine slow down.

3) I hate to break it to you, buy most smartphones require a lot of customization on the end user's part. Hence why a lot of people dont consider the iPhone a true smartphone (which I used to LOVE by the way). I'm also assuming that you didnt jailbreak your iPhone?

Also Google did purchase Simplifymedia (the streaming app that is available in the Apple app store), so I assume some big things are coming in the pipeline.

For your sake, I hope that the new iPhone to be announced soon will have some killer features or you get used to using the Evo in the next couple of days

At this point I'm content with the 3GS but I'll but the new iPhone if it has the 960*640 resolution screen. I'd love to see that. I also miss the kindle app I know it's coming for Android but I figured it would have been there already.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
:p
Oh FFS save us the constant equivocation and weak rationale. Go back to AT&T and see how far iTunes integration takes you when you keep dropping phone calls.

The priority of ppl these days kill me..

I dont think all that is necessary. All he is saying is that he doesnt like the phone, its not like he is bashing it.

Thats what I dont understand, soon as somebody mentions they prefer their iphone they are a Apple fanboy and people scream bloody murder. If you dont like it, you dont like it. So there is no reason to attack the person for his honest opinion, since you end up looking like a fool. Just saying...

I love Apple and Android for what each has to offer and will leave it at that. I dont have a personal stake in either companies and dont have any loyalties since I pay for what I want.

It seems like you're a newbie too, so maybe you're just jumping on a new bandwagon and taking your fanboism to a different product?:p

J/K no need to lose your cool :)

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone was my first smart phone 3 years ago. I'm tiring of Apple but I'm still not ready to leave yet. If google can build an iTunes type program and stronger core set of programs I think that might be enough for me to come back.

This guy aint throwing out his EVO 4g. this is just a sympathy post. drew0020 wants everyone to feel sorry for him and encourage him to keep his evo 4g, and tell him everything going to be OK, Please. if you going to get rid of it, then get rid of it. Why make a post about it? and reply to everyone's response like you can't wait for acknowledgment?

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
960*640 resolution screen.

you know all of the companies big up their resolution, but I must be blind because I cant tell the difference between good old PALM Treo 680 screen and even the Evo in terms of resoultion, etc. I guess if it looks good, it looks good :p

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Unlike the folks here that are quick to slam you, I won't. I completely understand what you're saying. Apple created an awesome little closed environment that makes people feel safe. Your music, movies, podcasts, contacts etc etc are all managed for you etc. It's easy, it's uncomplicated, and you're right that Google will need something similar to attract people looking for that experience.

Now for me, as an iphone user for almost three years, I love it. What I hate however are the restrictions Apple is putting on everything. But most of all I hate ATT. A phone is only as good as the network it resides upon, and the iphones resides upon one of the worst. But my dropped calls can't be blamed just on ATT. My wife has a non iPhone on ATT and it never drops calls. So Apple is to blame as much as ATT.

I'm on this forum now reading and studying, because I just dumped ATT and I need a new carrier. What's holding me back from the EVO right now are all the complaints about lousy wifi signals, and the fact that when Google updates their OS we then have to wait for the manufacturer or carrier to propagate that to our phones, and no I'm not going to root my phone. Ive also had Sprint before and was never impressed with their data speeds. I do love their free Nav. No other carrier comes close in that regard.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This guy aint throwing out his EVO 4g. this is just a sympathy post. drew0020 wants everyone to feel sorry for him and encourage him to keep his evo 4g, and tell him everything going to be OK, Please. if you going to get rid of it, then get rid of it. Why make a post about it? and reply to everyone's response like you can't wait for acknowledgment?

HAHA actually Drew0020 is NOT EVEN THE OP! He just commented. This is why I hate forums, people get their panties in a bunch in things that has no effect on their life whatsoever. So what if he wants sympathy (if that is the case) than dont comment on this thread! I agree with you that his decision to give up so soon may be rash, but I dont see the point of attacking him personally.

Also I'm pretty sure the point of this whole forum is to discuss your opinions, etc about the Evo.

drew0020

May 2, 2010
Visit site
you know all of the companies big up their resolution, but I must be blind because I cant tell the difference between good old PALM Treo 680 screen and even the Evo in terms of resoultion, etc. I guess if it looks good, it looks good :p

I can tell the difference between the Evo and the Iphone screen. It's night and day how clear the Evo is.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I love Apple and Android for what each has to offer and will leave it at that. I dont have a personal stake in either companies and dont have any loyalties since I pay for what I want.

Agreed, I think this is a productive discussion. Choice/competition only benefits the consumer. Sometimes the arguments over what phone is superior seems like some people want there to be "one phone to rule them all". Do we really want that? If there was only one choice for a phone you can sure bet innovation and progress of new features will slow to a crawl.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can tell the difference between the Evo and the Iphone screen. It's night and day how clear the Evo is.

The resolution in the new iphone on a screen that small is good for one reason and one reason only: reading books/text. I'm an iBooks/Kindle user(on an iPad at the moment) and I look forward to seeing how books look on the new screen. As much as I'm surprised that Apple still doesn't have an awesome turn by turn app, I'm as surprised that there's no Kindle app for Android phones. What's Amazon waiting for?

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Whoa 3 pages. Let me feet caught up here. I'm the op and although I do love the EVO I agree that it takes time to learn the system. If I do take it back it won't be till about the 30 days. Btw I said push notifications I mean faster email and Facebook notifications. I have to keep refreshing to stay on par with bold on AT&T. I have great service with AT&T.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I personallu use doubletwist. It is a free program and will take your itunes music and put in on your phone much like itunes does when you connect your iphone. I just plug in, its sync automatically, and im out the door. I understand the phone is not for everyone. Best of luck.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is my first android. I'm your basic phone user since teen years. I never owned any other smartphone/iPhone etc and I was able to adapt to my EVO quiet nicely. I'm a heavy pc/laptop user/gamer so this might be why. So far no major complaints. I hope you find a phone that will work out for you, if not now with the EVO maybe another future phone :)

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Whoa 3 pages. Let me feet caught up here. I'm the op and although I do love the EVO I agree that it takes time to learn the system. If I do take it back it won't be till about the 30 days. Btw I said push notifications I mean faster email and Facebook notifications. I have to keep refreshing to stay on par with bold on AT&T. I have great service with AT&T.

This is of great importance to me, as I rely on texting. Are you saying the phone doesn't notify you immediately upon receiving a text? One other thing I noticed with people texting me from Sprint is that their texts often arrive out of order, and if I text them something long they'll often get mine out of order or with pieces missing. Anyone experiencing anything like that?

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is of great importance to me, as I rely on texting. Are you saying the phone doesn't notify you immediately upon receiving a text? One other thing I noticed with people texting me from Sprint is that their texts often arrive out of order, and if I text them something long they'll often get mine out of order or with pieces missing. Anyone experiencing anything like that?

I haven't had a problem with txt just yahoo mail and fb twt notifications.

Will it's not a problem it just doesn't refresh like a blackberry would.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I personallu use doubletwist. It is a free program and will take your itunes music and put in on your phone much like itunes does when you connect your iphone. I just plug in, its sync automatically, and im out the door. I understand the phone is not for everyone. Best of luck.

Much of my music is from the iTunes store. Will doubletwist synch DRM music? How about movies and TV shows from the iTunes store?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No regrets here, 27 hours and going strong. I have about 80 free apps on the phone so far and I don't think that there's anything I can't do. After I deposit my check today I'll be allocating some paid app budget and scoping out the other side too.

As an aside. I bought the Samsung i830 way back (pre iphone days), this was a HUGE beast of a phone. It was my first "true" smart phone and took way more than a day to get used to.

Some things were a PITA, some things still are on the Android platform. I see it like this, you went out and got it on the day it was released so something or other attracted you to the phone, give it the 30 days and put some time in to getting used to it. It's not like you just got the iPhone and knew everything about it right away, everything like this has a learning curve and the more you put in the more you get out.

I for one, and extremely excited to begin this Android journey.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Silly question, are you using a gmail address?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My gmail address works great my yahoo mail not so much. I just changed some settings from the BB user thread so I'm crossing my fingers.

Ah, I'm starting to see a little bit clearer now. Yahoo email & iPhone = gmail & android. I don't know if anything will ever be as fast as gmail on the Android platform.

I'm primarily a gmail user, have you considered forwarding from Yahoo or switching to primarily using gmail? Can you have gmail login to your Yahoo and handle it that way? (I do that w/several addresses, it works great, no specifically with yahoo though) You can find more about that in your gmail account under settings, there's a whole section for integrating other accounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001