Anyone in regret yet ?

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
As my first smart phone, I am making the best of the Evo, but I was expecting the "complete package" to be a bit more polished ... there are a number of obvious challenges I've found in just 1 week of usage.

No way in hell was I going to get iPhone/AT&T though, I don't care how polished it is, gotta vote with the ol' wallet.

AmphibiousRodent

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya man all the litte bugs are tearing the ass outta me...EFFing gmail total bogus...all i want is to delete my goddamn email and for it to BE GONE! i hate all this imap crap and lables this that and the other.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I was a dedicated Palm user from way back and loved my Pre until the h/w went belly-up. I was a hard-core Pre user, adding hacks and overclocking my Pre, and a dedicated follower on PreCentral Forums. Got my EVO 4G 3 days ago and I'm loving it. Yes, it's a change from WebOS, which I really liked, but the more I have learned about using the EVO and Android, the better I am liking this phone. So, regrets? Absolutely not for me.

Dave

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I am having with my EVO is the battery drain. It is so frustrating that my battery is low by 1 or 2 o'clock in the afternoon when I take it off the charger in the morning full at around 6:30. My blackberry smartphone had superior battery life. I didn't stress about it lasting the day. But other than that, I don't have many complaints. I wish there was an update to the OS because Froyo is a little buggy.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
push notifications are none existent since the programs that are going to recieve them never close thus don't need to be reopened.

Battery life is always worse at the beginning because you don't put the dang thing down.

Taskkillers on Froyo are not necessary and will usually make things run poorly. This is not the case in previous versions, but who likes to live in the past. I hope you find a phone that fits your needs. If it's an ipod that happens to make phone calls sometimes so be it.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from blackberry and do not regret getting this phone. It's phenomenal. It's literally a pocket CPU. I get instant email notifications using the Gmail app. All my email accounts are set up and sync through Gmail as well. I love this phone. I was thinking of getting the Samsung Epic because of the keyboard but I am actually getting use to the EVO touch screen keyboard and I am typing as fast as on the blackberry. It just feels weird that I am not touching actual keys.

Last edited:

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
As polished as the UI on the Pre was...i realize just how much more i like OPTIONS.

I like having a ton of options for each app and services...its what i loved about my blackberry. I also love how snappy this phone is.

No regrets.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the fact that there isn't any push notifications in the way of me doing things is awesome. Sure I want to know when I get something but I really dont want it to interrupt while telling me.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I just find some of the complaints in this thread silly... Its funny how the OP just ignored some suggestions, thus giving me the idea that they really didnt want to be helped just wanted to complain about the phone.. There are many ways around itunes or ways to use Itunes.. Isync or something like that is available as mentioned or u could use subsonic which is what I use to stream all music from home so I dont even have to sync my phone and use memory.. U can create playlist or use existing ones so Itunes really isnt necessary.. U can even use windows media player to sync and it works just fine.. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej