Anyone know any good music player widgets?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
One More Clock Widget (there's free & paid) using the "3 Rings" built-in theme--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.sunnykwong.omc&token=74rKsXxT
(I updated the picture of my Lock Screen to show the Badge Notification on Google Play Store's App icon)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks, I'm fooling around with it now to see if I like it on my lockscreen instead of the stock widget locker clock

View attachment 34618

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm fooling around with it now to see if I like it on my lockscreen instead of the stock widget locker clock

I like it - looks more modern and combines information from 2 of my previous Widgets (Retro Clock Widget & Battery Widget Pro) plus the weather.
Works for me.

Links:
Retro Clock Widget--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=nl.jsource.retroclock.android&token=T3RLNGkt
Battery Widget Pro--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=personal.jhjeong.app.battery&token=Ujr09LeP

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I like it - looks more modern and combines information from 2 of my previous Widgets (Retro Clock Widget & Battery Widget Pro) plus the weather.
Works for me.

Yea, i love it already and looks great with the majority of my wallpapers

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it, it's good, perfect for what I wanted

Only problem is it doesn't sync my albums properly it split alot of my mixtapes up by
Artist, just like the stock music player

But Google Music syncs my music properly and I don't have my music split up

But I guess this will do, it's pretty good, thanks!

Yeah that was the problem I had with it too, and the reason I eventually switched to power amp (I also prefer the power amp lock screen controls).

I never tried Google music since it's not available in Canada.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I never tried Google music since it's not available in Canada.

I'm in Canada & got it working (not the Music Store but at least the device App & PC-sync App).
What I did was:
-When I was in the US I popped in a US SIM
-I Cleared Data & Cache in the Google Music & Play Store Apps
-Relaunched both Apps
-Also launched "music.google.com" from my phone's browser
-Set everything up while in the US
-When back in Canada using a PC went to "music.google.com" & got prompted to download the PC-sync App

After that it worked even though I'm in Canada.
As I said, I can't buy Google Music songs (even free ones) but syncing works great!

*I did a similar thing with Google Wallet but that only worked for the free 10$ - I can't add new cards*

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
To get rid of the headphones icon, just go to the app manager in the settings and disable the 'ContextAwareServices' app. That should remove the icon whenever you plug in your headphones. Hope that helps!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

What else does the context aware service control? Will disabling it stop nfc, direct call or anything like that?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Yay, Google gift cards apparently are coming in two weeks so I can start buying apps then from Google instead of Amazon who doesn't always update their apps

Ace829

May 12, 2012
Visit site
What else does the context aware service control? Will disabling it stop nfc, direct call or anything like that?

I've had it off for a few weeks and didn't notice any changes after that other than the one change I wanted.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

professorjay

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Media Buttons does exactly what you want. It's just a basic set of controls (play/pause, previous/next, etc) that controls whatever app is currently playing. I use it for Google Listen and Google Music. I assume it will work for many other audio apps.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Media Buttons does exactly what you want. It's just a basic set of controls (play/pause, previous/next, etc) that controls whatever app is currently playing. I use it for Google Listen and Google Music. I assume it will work for many other audio apps.

Thanks sooo much Mr. Swanson, but how do I get it to work with Google Music? For some reason when u pressed play it opened song bird, lol

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Got it working in Google Music now after opening the app

And I un installed song bird

Thanks again for this, exactly what I wanted

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can u get android central podcast on Kies Cast mate? i cant get it to work with google listen and i did watch Phil's youtube vid on how to do it. i have to download it manualy

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
can u get android central podcast on Kies Cast mate? i cant get it to work with google listen and i did watch Phil's youtube vid on how to do it. i have to download it manualy

Yea it works on Kies cast, just boot it up, play a podcast then the icons will work after a sec or two

I'm not sure what Google Listen is so idk about that one

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to help! I just wish the buttons were on a customizable 4x1 widget like you described for a neater, more unified look on the homescreen.

Yea, they are kind of big but I still love em, one thing I wish they would fix is the rewinding button doesn't work on anything for me but every other button does