Anyone know how to opt out of the lame Xapush ads, or how to find

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to opt out of the lame Xapush ads, or how to find my IMEI number on my HTC droid incredible phone ?

It looks like there are 2 methods.

1. install the opt out Xapush app
2. go online and enter the IMEI number of the phone.

I was reading the comments about the opt out ad and many folks said that didn't result in an end to the notification ads.

Any advice... I wiped my phone because I thought I had malware, but it seems others have the same problem.:(

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone know how to opt out of the lame Xapush ads, or how to

I have been pondering the same issue. I'm pretty sure these advertisements started after I installed "All my enemies free".

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but there's still a bug stuck in here from last time."

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

If you go to menu-> settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> all is it listed there? If so you should be able to uninstall it.

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Xapush is not listed as an application or service on my phone. I have only seen two of these advertisements so far. They appear in the Notifications bar. I may have played "All my enemies free" as many times. I'll try playing it more tonight to see if more ads appear. I will probably just uninstall the game, as I have other similar looking games installed.

I'll admit, the first advertisement did make me nervous. My phone's not rooted. I just have a lot of games installed, from the Android Market only.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

I personally will not support any application that uses this method of advertising. I am a developer and I understand the need for a revenue model...most of us are doing this to make a living, not soley as a hobby. But this type of advertising that steps outside the bounds of the application itself is just a bad idea and will only continue to be used if the apps that embed the technology make money from it.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

i personally will not support any application that uses this method of advertising. I am a developer and i understand the need for a revenue model...most of us are doing this to make a living, not soley as a hobby. But this type of advertising that steps outside the bounds of the application itself is just a bad idea and will only continue to be used if the apps that embed the technology make money from it.

hi guys, i totally wiped my phone and i am still getting the ads, there is a little red star on the notifications area that tries to direct you the app. I think this might be something that the android market is pushing to our phones. It is annoying.

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Egad, that's disheartening to hear jasonvancouver. Is it possible you unknowingly re-installed the 'offending' app?

I have not uninstalled my 'offending' game yet, but I did get my confirmation. I played "All my enemies free" several times the other night. Turns out to be a pretty cool game, unfortunately. I received the following advertisement the next morning. I think I will mention this in a review of the game on the Android Market.

+ Watch a Movie Now!
1000s of Films! (optout at xapush.com) 9:01 AM

My ads show a green plus sign in the notifications area. :mad:

I appreciate your commitment nalpakj. :)

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

Egad, that's disheartening to hear jasonvancouver. Is it possible you unknowingly re-installed the 'offending' app?

I have not uninstalled my 'offending' game yet, but I did get my confirmation. I played "All my enemies free" several times the other night. Turns out to be a pretty cool game, unfortunately. I received the following advertisement the next morning. I think I will mention this in a review of the game on the Android Market.

+ Watch a Movie Now!
1000s of Films! (optout at xapush.com) 9:01 AM

My ads show a green plus sign in the notifications area. :mad:

I appreciate your commitment nalpakj. :)

67GTV -

I get the same exact thing.... in my notification bar. I wiped my phone and before I started reinstalling my apps., I started getting the notifications, again....which makes me wonder if this an Android Market thing, where they are pushing information to us about apps., etc. I don't have "All My Enemies" on my phone and I am getting the same thing as you. Very annoying. There seems to be a way to opt out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I don't have time for this crap!!

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I was getting these ads pushed into my notification bar also. I dloaded the airpush detector app and it indicated that the mp3 music download app was the culprit. I removed the app and have not seen a notification since.Its been at least 3 weeks.

Reactions: Foo2U2001

grits1022

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Go to your Market. Download the app called "Airpush Detector". It is free. It will automatically scan your phone and let you know which app is causing the adware. It will ask if you want to uninstall it. In my case, it was an updated MP3 downloader. Once it was taken off....no more Xapush!

tdgar

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Dowlnload airpush detector.. it will tell u the app that is causing all that.. u would have to delete the app..

ecalderazzo

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

Used the Addon's Detector, it was quick and easy. Hope it works, sick of the XAPush.com stuff

Velocity-Love

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

i went into manage apps and clicked all and I see something that says AdService but I can't uninstall it.

shirleypet94

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to the other posts in this forum, I used Addons Detector and it worked beautifully! I was very frustrated after weeks of these advertisements. I found out I got this thing from a screensaver I downloaded from Zedge. It was a Halloween screensaver called Skeleton2. Now I'm afraid to download any kind of screen saver, but I know I can always use the Addons Detector to fix this problem now. Thanks guys!

Laura Smith1

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a HTC phone, but I was still getting these stupid ads. I used Addons detector after Airpush failed to detect anything. Turns out it was the Tetris game. Uninstalled it and we'll see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali