Anyone leaving Eris for......

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone plan on leaving their Eris for an Incredible or any other Android phone? I just got my Eris and i have a 45 day return policy with best buy(rewards silver member). I really really like the HTC especially the sense UI, main reason i chose it over the Moto Droid but after downloading soo many apps it is kind of slow and putting 2.1 on it hasn't helped it much. So i am pretty sure i am going to get the Incredible when it comes in. Anyone else plan on moving over to the incredible or is everyone here fully satisfied with the Eris?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I am sure that many will make this change, if they are able to afford it. Sadly, I dont think as many of those with the Eris are still within their return policy, therefor they would have to shell out the full retail of the device for the first few months, until people start selling them online, like the used ones.

I think the Incredible will be a great option if you are ok with the lack of physical keyboard on the device. I personally want to hold and feel the device before I decide. The images so far have not convinced me that it is going to be very comfortable in the hands.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I am. Even with 2.1 this just doesn't do it for me anymore. I don't even need the 'latest and greatest,' but I just have a bad taste in my mouth about it now.

notoriouslyabsent

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The Eris has gotten pretty slow. I've had mine for about four months now and my wife's moto droid just kicks my eris's ass in terms of speed. I am wedded to Verizon so I will either go with the Incredible or N1, but since it sounds like they're about to drop the Incredible I'm sure they really have no plans for the N1. If only I could find $500.....

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I love my eris honestly. I really dont have bad battery life, I use pandora for an hour on my daily bike rides, play solitare on my lunch and surf the net aleast 40min a day, texting and talking alot with BT on only when needed, in about a 17hr day, all on the stock battery and end up with 30-25% left. The phone only seems to slow down or lag when I have a ton of text to delete an maybe ill reboot once a week. I love the fastest and the bestest, the latest and greatest, I would upgrade to the incredible if my new every two was up, but i just used that in Jan. and Im well satisfied with my eris. People who got to antsy in the pantsy an jumped on 2.1 leaks and roots all seem to be having some sorta issue somewhere, so imho they should've waited an put there creative minds to figuring out what lil issues they had and adjust em to suit themselves till the OTA came out. They woulda had the latest and since the phone is plenty fast for a phone then the greatest too!

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The Eris has gotten pretty slow. I've had mine for about four months now and my wife's moto droid just kicks my eris's ass in terms of speed. I am wedded to Verizon so I will either go with the Incredible or N1, but since it sounds like they're about to drop the Incredible I'm sure they really have no plans for the N1. If only I could find $500.....

I'd love the Incredible now but I need to play with it first plus wait for my July NE2 discount. My main gripe is I was never a fan of touchscreen phones and always wanted to be able to fall back on a physical keyboard. I was leaning towards the Droid once but the keyboard was unusable I kept hearing.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the droid's keyboard (imo) is far from unusable, however there is a learning curve to using it well.

i rarely used the hardware keyboard on my droid though so i sold it for an eris.

then i sold the eris and am waiting for an incredible now. my main gripe with the eris was that it wasn't fast enough to keep up with my typing, i could fly on the droid's software keyboard, but for some reason, the keyboard on the eris was really laggy and that annoyed me to no end.

personally, i'll never buy another arm11 powered phone ever again, but most likely, i'll never have to :p

Joehoeva

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Ive been thinking about the incrediblea lot lately. the eris is my first foray into the smart phone world but now I think I'm ready for something better. it's gonna be all about price for me.

Does anyone know what that things gonna cost yet?

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I think the Incredible will be $199.99 from what I've read. Not. Bad price. I just started my account so I'm staying with my Droid.

172av8r

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I think the Incredible will be $199.99 from what I've read. Not. Bad price. I just started my account so I'm staying with my Droid.

Thanks, that's the first price i've heard so far. That doesn't seem to bad.

But that's the contract price, right? I got my Eris in November, so cant upgrade for a while. What's the full price going to be if I wanted to buy it without a contract?

necronomicon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys but went to the Droid, had too many problems with the Eris hardware. Took awhile to get use to it but now I got the hang of thing's.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
sorry eris.....hello wife's incredible

my wife is up for her upgrade TODAY so i will get her the incredible and swap it for my eris........

smileyb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Full retail price

But that's the contract price, right? I got my Eris in November, so cant upgrade for a while. What's the full price going to be if I wanted to buy it without a contract?

Full retail is $530. 1 yr contract is $370. 2 year contract is $300. Both of the contract options also have a $100 dicount, reducing the respective prices to $270 and $200.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
sorrryy eris....i ordered today for my wife which i will swap and get the beast that is the incredible........i loved my eris and i know my wife likes it too she doesnt care or mind...so yes i'm kinda abondaning ship sort of...i still will roam the eris threads here and there and wait for 2.1 for the eris but for now i know i will have 2.1 on thursday........eris was my first smartphone my first android phone....my first love......but android i will never leave

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Whined about the phantom 2.1 Eris update and got offered an upgrade to the Incredible for $199, though I'm nowhere near due for an in-contract upgrade. Writing a calm, reasonable email to customer service will get you a long way. My Incredible arrives tomorrow...guess I'll see some of you on the Incredible boards. Adios Eris...

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
First post here!

I got my Eris in November and loved it. Until the promise of 2.0/2.1 began to fade and some of the best apps were no longer compatible with 1.5. I patiently waited for 2.0 and finally had enough waiting.

I complained loud enough and Verizon finally caved and allowed me to purchase the Incredible. It shipped yesterday is is schedule to arrive on Monday. I can't wait. I'll sell my Eris on eBay and will basically get the Incredible for nothing after the Eris is sold.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967