Anyone order from Samsung directly?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nothing yet here from Fedex Delivery Manager or reference number search.

What is Samsung's return policy and how hard do they make your life to process them?
Well if you go by the note 7 returns Samsung was among the ones that people had difficulties in returning. Samsung also had difficulties in shipping the note 7 and looks like the trend is continuing with the S8 series shipping, so would expect it to continue with the return process.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Same for me. One was created last night and shows 4/20 (not happening since it was never picked up) with Standard Overnight, and the second was added this morning for 4/21 with Priority Overnight.
It is possible that the tracking number entered their system after the package was already en route. I've had packages (especially overnight packages) in the past go straight from "label created" to "delivered". Really ticks me off because usually when I'm getting an overnight package I want/need it right away and not being able to see any movement online is very frustrating.

That said, maybe FedEx actually doesn't have the box yet and we won't be getting these until tomorrow. If it shows up today, I'm not expecting it until 6-8pm.

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It is possible that the tracking number entered their system after the package was already en route. I've had packages (especially overnight packages) in the past go straight from "label created" to "delivered".

I've seen this happen a fair amount with Fedex Overnight. Not counting on it here, but it's happened to me in the past.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung UK have just sent me an email. Originally my phone was supposedly shipped on Tuesday but with no email from them and no update on the website didn't know what was going on. Today Thursday 20th I thought I would have my phone as I had ordered it on 30th March. They sent me an email this morning saying it had been shipped and I had a tracking number. However the tracking number was telling me nothing about where my phone was. It is now 4.30pm in the UK and have just received an email from Samsung saying "Thank you for your order...... We are pleased to confirm your order in being processed and with an expected delivery date of 21/4/2017. Due to the popularity of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Range, we are experiencing high call volumes and delays in response times. Please accept our apologies that if your tracking link is not updating. We are working to resolve this issue, please check your tracking link again later today." (Those are their exact words)

I click on the link - it takes me to the usual page where it just says my order is shipped (this morning I at least had a proper tracking link!) No tracking, completely different order number and basically back to where I was on Tuesday! So I'm hopefully getting my phone tomorrow but still can't check where it is or where its been, if anywhere! What a palava!

Last edited:

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It is possible that the tracking number entered their system after the package was already en route. I've had packages (especially overnight packages) in the past go straight from "label created" to "delivered". Really ticks me off because usually when I'm getting an overnight package I want/need it right away and not being able to see any movement online is very frustrating.

That said, maybe FedEx actually doesn't have the box yet and we won't be getting these until tomorrow. If it shows up today, I'm not expecting it until 6-8pm.

Well either way, I won't get it until tomorrow. I couldn't have someone stay at my house without a more concrete tracking result. That's okay though, I should still have it for the weekend.

xstation

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those that have 2 labels. 1 was created last night around 730pm with no movement, the second one was created at 7am this morning. I just received a text and a phone call from fedex that the package will be delivered tomorrow. It was picked up at 11am.

Also received an email from samsung that it's been shipped and website shows shipped as well.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sitting on the truck to be delivered. My guess is between 12-4pm as that is when I usually see Fedex in my sub division. Lots of construction going on around me and all sorts of noises. Each time I hear a thump or truck I'm thinking it's fedex.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sitting on the truck to be delivered. My guess is between 12-4pm as that is when I usually see Fedex in my sub division. Lots of construction going on around me and all sorts of noises. Each time I hear a thump or truck I'm thinking it's fedex.

My fedex guy has no patience. Two knocks and he is gone. I have to stay downstairs all day.

mdyer101

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung told me I would have my phone today and they were upgrading me to overnight shipping. They lied. Won't be here until tomorrow. Very disappointed

lawyerkid09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I stayed up till 1 with no notifications last night. When I woke up at 7:30 they had sent me an email with tracking info at 5:30 am. Says the label was created at 9:30 last night but not picked up. Samsung customer service yesterday promised I'd have the phone today. I worked from home so I could catch FedEx. With FedEx not saying they've received it, I'm doubtful I will receive today. :mad: I ordered on March 30 too, which doubly makes me angry that other people already have them.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On FedEx vehicle for delivery, for once I hope they don't deliver till late in the day since can't get to home from work until afternoon.

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I stayed up till 1 with no notifications last night. When I woke up at 7:30 they had sent me an email with tracking info at 5:30 am. Says the label was created at 9:30 last night but not picked up. Samsung customer service yesterday promised I'd have the phone today. I worked from home so I could catch FedEx. With FedEx not saying they've received it, I'm doubtful I will receive today. :mad: I ordered on March 30 too, which doubly makes me angry that other people already have them.

FedEx truck has driven by twice and it's making me crazy. I ordered on the 31st and I'm only 250 miles from indy ( if that's where mine is coming from) the fact that others ordered weeks later and already have theirs is a big d**k punch

magitek

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I called yesterday (4/19), was told I would definitely be getting it today. Early this morning (~1am) I was able to check the Fedex delivery manager.

They got the label created at 12:08am, which means I won't be getting anything until tomorrow.

edit: oh good, they didn't actually pick the thing up until five minutes ago.

lawyerkid09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site

Given my shipping situation, do you think I should call Samsung?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Got my phone and VR about an hour ago! It was charged to 43 percent. I currently have it on the charger to charge up a bit before I transfer my apps and data over.

lawyerkid09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I called yesterday (4/19), was told I would definitely be getting it today. Early this morning (~1am) I was able to check the Fedex delivery manager.

They got the label created at 12:08am, which means I won't be getting anything until tomorrow.

edit: oh good, they didn't actually pick the thing up until five minutes ago.

What day is it showing for estimated delivery date now?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeobong2024