Anyone thinkin about getting the iPhone 6 ????

Tim Evans666

May 28, 2014
Visit site
As with any of the major updates to the iPhone range the 6 will come with some new hardware and software features.

Many people have seen the leaks of the Hardware, so you will get the 'Its just the same as the old iPhone, or its brilliant', but as with a lot of new phones it starts to come down to design, materials and taste, because lets face it, all new flagship phones are essentially the same.

There will be some bull about pixel density (good or bad), CPU as 64bit is great/not worth it (delete as appropriate), 1gb RAM is pathetic/enough (delete as appropriate), blah blah.

The screen will be sapphire, so should be very strong, the touch ID 2 sensor is very good, the A8 inside with be crazy fast, the graphics will be great.

The software on all devices is starting to converge. If you want an example of that have a look at the new lock screen notifications on 'L'. My N5 looks a little bit like my 5S now (at lease on the lock), and the icons and design of 'L' really does 'borrow' from iOS 7 and WP 8.1.

There is little no nothing that I cant do on my Nexus that I can do on the 5S, or vice versa. Sure widgets aside. Also I'm not sure what people have read about iOS8 but it holds a lot of improvements for games (new graphics engine), MDM (thousands of APIs added to the industry leading EMM API's iOS already has), CarPlay, Medi Kit, Beacon and BTLE advanced support for Wearables. These are not the sexy 'hey look apple copied Widgets or Multiple Keyboards', but for developers this is BIG news.

So my answer is of course I will get the iPhone 6. The 5.5 inch I would think.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't like apple, I've learned. Overpriced, jewelry that's all it is. Bandwagoners.

Plus the android os is superior

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't like apple, I've learned. Overpriced, jewelry that's all it is. Bandwagoners.

Ooof. That's not fair. Respect your opinion, but that's a hard position to take considering how well Apple products perform and how well they are designed and built.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Plus the android os is superior

When the 6 releases, along with iOS 8, let's see how many jump from Android to iOS. I think that the number will be substantial.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
W the bigger display (if rumours are true) I may consider it, but I strongly doubt it. Tried the 5 & just couldn't make the switch. Plus Android L pulled majority of my interest away from the 6.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 👍📱

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Ooof. That's not fair. Respect your opinion, but that's a hard position to take considering how well Apple products perform and how well they are designed and built.

Perform well? maybe thats due to the closed ecosystem is has. The build is arguable plastic makes a phone great also just need to build it correctly.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Perform well? maybe thats due to the closed ecosystem is has. The build is arguable plastic makes a phone great also just need to build it correctly.

They perform well, whatever the reason may be. Plus, the 5C has a higher quality polycarbonate than the android plastic phones. The 5C plastic is comparable to the Nokia phones.
Both OS's should perform well, with all of the copying going on. Apple copied third-party key boards, and Android copied 64-bit, Continuity, interactive notifications, and Carplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not certain how a closed ecosystem makes Apple products perform well. But the OS seems to be optimized very efficiently with the hardware. As far as the build quality, Apple has used plastic, glass, and aluminum for their products and they have all seemed to have a great build quality. You really don't hear any complaints about how poorly they are built. I actually can't think of another technology company that builds better mobile and computer products.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain how a closed ecosystem makes Apple products perform well. But the OS seems to be optimized very efficiently with the hardware. As far as the build quality, Apple has used plastic, glass, and aluminum for their products and they have all seemed to have a great build quality. You really don't hear any complaints about how poorly they are built. I actually can't think of another technology company that builds better mobile and computer products.

Take a look at Microsoft now that they own Nokia. I don't think you'll hate the build quality of a Surface or a Lumia.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
They perform well, whatever the reason may be. Plus, the 5C has a higher quality polycarbonate than the android plastic phones. The 5C plastic is comparable to the Nokia phones.
Both OS's should perform well, with all of the copying going on. Apple copied third-party key boards, and Android copied 64-bit, Continuity, interactive notifications, and Carplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5C is extremely overpriced. And IOS7 and 8 are complete copies yes.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No, Android copied iOS 8 this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say Android copied iOS 8 this time. For one, all major OSes have drawn from each other. Each and every one of them. It hasn't ever been just a blanket copy from any of them, but rather specific points pulled from all of them. And second, I find it VERY hard to believe that Android L, which was showcased only three weeks after iOS 8, copied much of anything from it. Unless Google had invented a time machine and was able to see iOS 8 ahead of its release by about a year. They did implement a similar notification system for the lock screen. But other than that, I see very little, if any glaring similarities.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This thread has gone south.... Stop the bickering! Just enjoy the device & platform you use and let it be. Everybody copies everybody with must about every product. Computers, TV's, Auto's, surround sound systems, shoes, vacuum cleaners.....

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz