Anyone using Handcent for SMS/MMS?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I used GoSMS on my OG EVO. Now I'm using Handcent on my new EVO because I've gotten complaints in the past that whenever I send someone a MMS, they only saw a link that they had to select.

I want to send someone the full MMS, not a link to the MMS. So that's why I changed to Handcent.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i used handcent on my og evo and i wanted to use it on my new evo, but for some odd reason the time my texts were received and on the main app screen, the most recent text sent or received for the thread is wrong. anyone else experience this?

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out... After reinstalling handcent.... Too bad I have to reconfigure handcent.

In handcent go to settings...application settings......default messaging application..... Then pick at the bottom "use for all SMS & mms"
Now it works!

I'm curious to know if it would have worked without reinstalling.... Seems like I remember that setting was on "disable" not sure how it got set to that!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I used GoSMS on my OG EVO. Now I'm using Handcent on my new EVO because I've gotten complaints in the past that whenever I send someone a MMS, they only saw a link that they had to select.

I want to send someone the full MMS, not a link to the MMS. So that's why I changed to Handcent.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

If you were sending someone the link with GO it was becuase you were sending them GO hosted MMS, not an actual MMS. You can do either. I use GO as my only messaging app now. It does everything I need my messaging app to do.

Kath Diane

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've used Go SMS but I wasn't happy with it.. Handcent is always free.. however they do offer a premium with no ads. I can send MMS, SMS etc and they all work perfectly and go directly to the person with no links. I like seeing when they arrive and when they are read. I'm one of those who likes customizing the look of everything, so Handcent is the perfect choice for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz