AOD not turning off in pocket...

DLIVINGS

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
The only thing I do notice when I cover it is that the brightness of it drops down after being covered for a certain amount of seconds. But it doesn't turn off.

I hope they still fix this because it would save some battery life while in the pocket.

Same . When I put mine in my pocket the AOD dims but does not go completely out.

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
To follow up - I have AOD set to always be on for my S10 and S9.

With both laying on the table in front of me, covering up the proximity sensor for both doesnt turn off AOD on either.

The problem I was having with my S10 was with AOD or tap to wake on (or even if the power button would get hit in my pocket) and with the phone in a pocket, the screen would wake and the S10 would accept input. In that same scenario, my S9 would keep the screen dim and give a message that says "accidental touch protection" and then give some messaging that "your phone is being protected from accidental touches".

Post the update today, my S10 behaves in exactly the same way as my S9.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
To follow up - I have AOD set to always be on for my S10 and S9.

With both laying on the table in front of me, covering up the proximity sensor for both doesnt turn off AOD on either.

The problem I was having with my S10 was with AOD or tap to wake on (or even if the power button would get hit in my pocket) and with the phone in a pocket, the screen would wake and the S10 would accept input. In that same scenario, my S9 would keep the screen dim and give a message that says "accidental touch protection" and then give some messaging that "your phone is being protected from accidental touches".

Post the update today, my S10 behaves in exactly the same way as my S9.

Interesting. I could have sworn without a doubt that AOD turned off in my pocket or when the proximity sensor was covered on my Note 9. Does anyone know? Unfortunately I only have the S10 right now, so I can't test on other phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this is my take on it
when cover the proximity sensor on lock screen for AOD did nothing even after the update .

with screen on covering it dims the screen, now if I place a call you see it blink and ucan try with dialing your voice mail to see it, so it works and also when I'm on a call screen goes off just not when AOD is on .
maybe this sensor works differently or needs to be addressed in a update as my other phones Note 9 and S9+ turn off when covered on AOD.

cmybliss

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I could have sworn without a doubt that AOD turned off in my pocket or when the proximity sensor was covered on my Note 9. Does anyone know? Unfortunately I only have the S10 right now, so I can't test on other phones.

My Note 8 definitely turns off when it's in my bag or pocket. It doesn't turn off right away when I just cover the sensor with my hand or even a cloth, but it does eventually turn all the way off. My S10+ doesn't turn off in my bag or pocket and I experience phantom touches.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care if it is on or off in my pocket.... I just don't want any phantom touches from my leg...

This...
I personally like to leave my AOD on continuously but I can't because of these phantom touches. Not sure why they make a setting for accidental touches when the **** don't work.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Turning the AOD on. I just pulled mine out of my pocket and the clock was on as if I had AOD enabled (I assure you it's off as I have no use for it).

Yep, exactly. AOD disabled, but some how mine comes on, or screen does in my pocket. I've caught it multiple times almost doing an emergency call.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, exactly. AOD disabled, but some how mine comes on, or screen does in my pocket. I've caught it multiple times almost doing an emergency call.

That's why I removed lock screen icons the camera and the phone app, friends and workers that couldn't get into my phone thought it was fun to take pictures with my phone lol and phone I took off because accidental touching almost called 911.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
That's why I removed lock screen icons the camera and the phone app, friends and workers that couldn't get into my phone thought it was fun to take pictures with my phone lol and phone I took off because accidental touching almost called 911.
Good idea. Will have to find that switch to turn it off.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I did the same thing and I think I've had less randomly and opened apps since I did that.

Maybe if a bunch of phones start suddenly making emergency calls Samsung will get on it a little faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord