AOKP/AOSP questions? I am going in!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
no stuttering on my end today. The screen off battery life is crazy so far. 3 hours dropped it only 2% Mine just caught the roaming glitch, and the flashlight does not work. But my alarm went off this morning, and my phone has yet to catch on fire, so I'm plenty happy.

SirKnightDavid

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting! I didn't know that AOKP was coming to the Rez. I played with a a few builds of AOKP on my old Dinc, but they stopped supporting the Dinc and I switched to Cyanogen.

I may have to give it another go on my Rez once it's a bit more stable, though I gotta say I'm really loving the Viper ROM so far.

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Other than the known bugs such as camera and sketchy Wi-Fi I haven't had a single issue on aokp. Running it for over a day now

sent from my rezound running AOKP

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed AOKP over Venom without a hitch. The dev says that you should use TWRP, but it went fine with amon ra. LISTEN TO THE DEV. I am using a phone I could care less about....

The SD card definitely doesnt work, but there is a fix already, it just hasnt been updated.

I forgot to load gapps....

Why do they say to use twrp? Is there a safety issue? Would it be a good perminant replacement for amon ra?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why they say that, but the dev is saying it is the one supported. I have had no issues with ra round anything...backed up viper ,flashed aokp, messed up and restored viper, reloaded aokp with no issue.
Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My day went a little like this....

awesome.

Super fast, super fast.... BLAZING. No kidding. I forgot why AOSP based stuff is so awesome.
There are no apps on here, and I love it.

I was not all roses and unicorn farts though.

I had the roaming problem, but it fixed itself by completely crashing on me. Then while looking at my screen on time it locked up and I had to pull the battery. My wifi worked fine, but the signal seemed a little wonky at times. I don't care about the camera not working, or bluetooth, but the sd card is a bit suckey. I might nandroid and load it up with boot manager, see what happens.

Other tiny things. I get the blue screen flicker we had when we got the first ICS leaks. Not as bad, but still there. The flashlight also doesn't work, but probably because the camera is MIA.

All in all, I'm down. I'm gonna keep using it because I can, and be happy each time a bug is squashed.

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My day went a little like this....

awesome.

Super fast, super fast.... BLAZING. No kidding. I forgot why AOSP based stuff is so awesome.
There are no apps on here, and I love it.

I was not all roses and unicorn farts though.

I had the roaming problem, but it fixed itself by completely crashing on me. Then while looking at my screen on time it locked up and I had to pull the battery. My wifi worked fine, but the signal seemed a little wonky at times. I don't care about the camera not working, or bluetooth, but the sd card is a bit suckey. I might nandroid and load it up with boot manager, see what happens.

Other tiny things. I get the blue screen flicker we had when we got the first ICS leaks. Not as bad, but still there. The flashlight also doesn't work, but probably because the camera is MIA.

All in all, I'm down. I'm gonna keep using it because I can, and be happy each time a bug is squashed.

I can see my sd card. Granted It's reading my internal and external together but that's better than not seeing it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So....my day with AOKP was very similar to TLN's

IT is fast there is no denying it. things moved along practically instantly and without stutter.

I lost 4G forever and I had to look up how to get it back. Apparently the kernel in the roms by iamtheonetheycallneo, are different than the rest. I flashed his rom, then back to akop and the problem was solved. Had 4G for the rest of the time.

I had to do two battery pulls. The first was, it wouldnt let me answer a phone call and got stuck in a "ring" loop...it just kept ringing, and ringing long after it should have went to VM. had to pull the battery. The other was just a dead stop looking at ac on the internet the phone just locked up.

I hate the aokp keyboard but that is easily overcome. I also do not like the overall look but I know there are tons of themes so I will hold of judgement on that.

battery life wasn't what I expected. Key word is expected. It was really good, but I expected great. Much improved though. I would post a screenie, but it is not accurate (which is another issue).

no sdcard and camera are deal breakers for me so it is back to viper. Overall though, if you are an aokp junkie, you can use it and use it well, otherwise wait for ICS source to drop and most of the issues we are having will go away

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ya, after today, I gotta go back. I had 4 battery pulls, can't send sms, phone did that lock up ring forever thing, battery lasted 4 hours.... Mehh, it can only get better from here, and it was nice to see my phone performing at 11. Now, what to flash, what to flash.....

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I flashed AOKP for about 30 minutes tonight and Holy POOP. This is going to be awesome. I was expecting a buggy mess, but this rom ran smooth and more or less flawlessly. Everything felt polished and like it was meant to be on the phone. Now granted i didnt really get any real world use because i dont want to move perminantly untill it is out of beta, but i have not been this excited about a rom ever. Once it is done and everything is fully functioning and solid, I see myself finding a home with it. I love sense and will miss it dearly, but the wonderful lightness of this rom is calling my name.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen