[AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH-v1.25

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Great ROM.......screenshot with Nebula theme over it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk

That picture just made me change roms and add that theme :)

Haven't really had any time to play with it yet but so far everything seems to be fast/smooth and working

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting major audio screeches when listening to music? When my screen goes to sleep the audio goes ballistic for about 3 seconds before it settles back down. I did flash the Beats mod...

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone care to provide a step by step on how to flash this rom with the kernal and radios? My first time flashing :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting major audio screeches when listening to music? When my screen goes to sleep the audio goes ballistic for about 3 seconds before it settles back down. I did flash the Beats mod...

It happened briefly with Spotify. Upgraded to imo's 3.0 kernel, and all's good since. Dunno if there's any correlation, but try it.

Anyone care to provide a step by step on how to flash this rom with the kernal and radios? My first time flashing :/

Yes. Download the rom. Do you have the 4.0.4 radios? I suggest using the "get ready" package from the AXIOM thread (see my sig).

So for this, you want to take these steps PRECISELY:

(1) Download both the rom and the get ready package, place on SD card.
(2) Reboot into recovery through Rom Manager or holding down all volume buttons and the power button then selecting recovery. I presume you have already flashed a Custom Recovery (correct?). If not, you need to do that first.
(3) Do a FULL AND COMPLETE WIPE. I suggest making a backup in recovery. It's a prompt on the CWM recovery screen. Select it, make the backup (called a nandroid). Then do a complete wipe--data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache (under advanced in the menu in CWM). You should also format system, which is under Mounts/Storage in CWM/recovery.
(4) Flash the get ready package.
(5) Flash the rom package.
(6) Reboot, set up everything, then do another reboot so it sets.
(7) It'll include a kernel. If you want another one, simply go to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, and flash the kernel's zip. Or purchase franco's updater app, which makes it much easier and includes the option to download his or imo's kernels.

Did I miss something? lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
First thing first, are you rooted with CWM installed?

Ah yes. You must be unlocked, rooted, with a custom recovery (CWM = ClockworkMod) installed. Follow the instructions in this forum.

If you are unlocked/rooted, then follow my instructions.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It happened briefly with Spotify. Upgraded to imo's 3.0 kernel, and all's good since. Dunno if there's any correlation, but try it.

Yes. Download the rom. Do you have the 4.0.4 radios? I suggest using the "get ready" package from the AXIOM thread (see my sig).

So for this, you want to take these steps PRECISELY:

(1) Download both the rom and the get ready package, place on SD card.
(2) Reboot into recovery through Rom Manager or holding down all volume buttons and the power button then selecting recovery. I presume you have already flashed a Custom Recovery (correct?). If not, you need to do that first.
(3) Do a FULL AND COMPLETE WIPE. I suggest making a backup in recovery. It's a prompt on the CWM recovery screen. Select it, make the backup (called a nandroid). Then do a complete wipe--data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache (under advanced in the menu in CWM). You should also format system, which is under Mounts/Storage in CWM/recovery.
(4) Flash the get ready package.
(5) Flash the rom package.
(6) Reboot, set up everything, then do another reboot so it sets.
(7) It'll include a kernel. If you want another one, simply go to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, and flash the kernel's zip. Or purchase franco's updater app, which makes it much easier and includes the option to download his or imo's kernels.

Did I miss something? lol

You are the best dude. I do have a CWM recovery so once I'm home from the lawyers office I am starting this task :D. Question though, what is the v6 supercharger? Should I flash that too?

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
No problemo. Let us know how it turns out and if anything goes awry!

And lawyer's office? Are you an attorney? Please do tell :D.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The V6 Supercharger is a script that runs from a Terminal Emulator inside the phone. It helps speed up the overall performance of the phone, so I'm told. I haven't noticed any effects from it myself. YMMV.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
And make sure you have nova and not apex, which is weird since apex is the default.

Definitely agree with this. I got errors with Apex so I selected Nova as default. If you use Terminal Emulator to make the launcher 1 priority, it's extremely smooth swiping through screens.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I always make Nova default anyway, primarily because I paid for it and have loads of settings backed up lol

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No problemo. Let us know how it turns out and if anything goes awry!

And lawyer's office? Are you an attorney? Please do tell :D.

Ahh I'm afraid that is not the case! In August 2011 unfortunate me was involved in a car accident. It was just a tricky case because the driver of the other vehicle was undocumented and did not have a valid California drivers license but was insured. Long story short, we are trying to have the car repaired by his insurance company and no success so far (since it was declared that I was not at fault). Right now I am just attending school to pursue a career in medicine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz