AParted works on V

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What is AParted. It's an app from the PlayStore that functions much the same as GParted and Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
It errored out the first time I tried to install the dependencies, but I immediately tried again and it worked.
I used it to change the format of my SD ext partition from ext.4 to FAT32.
It did not effect anything on my main partition.
You can use it to resize the SD cards FAT32 partition and make one or more sd ext partitions.
You can do this without having to use the recovery or pulling card and using a utility on your computer.
Before I restore my Bean_Whiz backup, I just restore my stock ROM (any ROM works fine as long as you didn't use a SD ext script with it like Link2SD). Then all I need to do is use it to reformat the partition back to ext.4, and then restore my Bean_Whiz ROM.
Keeping a ROM backed up that doesn't use an SD ext script is the key if you want to switch from one format to another on the same partition.

If you just want to make a partition to use with an SD ext script, then use the resize option to resize you main FAT32 partition, then select to create a new partition from the unallocated space making sure to pick the format you require (making sure the unallocated space is at least 1-1.5GB depending on the size of the actual user space on the SD card)

This all basically means that you never have to take out the SD card from your phone.

NOTE: You need to make sure the SD card is unmounted before opening up the AParted app.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Everyone make sure you're not running os2sd or any sd linking softwares too .

Yeah I'm being unnecessarily obvious. Just in case.
Vold doesn't unmount anything but the FAT partition.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Good point. I'll try to unmount sd card from settings and see if will allow me to change sd ext partition with Link2SD installed. Then restore Bean_Whiz.

Edit: Didn't let me delete partition with Link2SD installed. Good thing I still have the stock ROM with no sd ext scripts so I can restore it to allow me to delete the sd ext partition then create new partition (this is what allows me to change format).

Thanks for heads up bigsupersquid. I already know you can't delete and create a partition thats in use in linux (have to use a live cd for that). Don't know why I thought I could get away with it this time. Duh!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo