App 2 SD (And Similar applications)

chelmite

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
You're right...technically, it's not broken, but the current state is not useful to the customer.
I have an HTC EVO 3D, which I love because of the 3-D camera, but it has only 2G of main memory, which is fine...if you're HTC and you don't run any apps!
I bought a 64G SD card to get around that limitation.
Partition:TotalAvail
Main2G150M
SD Card64G32G
I have over 16 times the free memory on my SD card as the entire size of the "internal" memory, but most apps won't make use of it!
Only a handful of apps are made to run on the SD card. Most developers don't seem to take the time to make their apps work on either partition, so the customer is left with the hard choice of what to keep and what to throw away. Even that choice is made difficult with no good tools to show what space app uses on each partition, and how much of the app's storage is the program vs the user's useful data!

If I look in the Settings/Apps, Firefox is the largest, taking up 97.31MB (according to according to System/Apps/All) or 23.75MB (according to AppMonster Pro) or 25.44 (according to System/Apps/SD Card) or 123MB (according to System/Apps/All/press-for-details):
CategorySizePercent
Total123MB100%
App2.45MB2%
USB storage app25.44MB21%
Data94.86MB77%
SD Card0.00B0%
Okay, none of Firefox' memory is on the SD card, and 94MB is data...but what data? If I trash the data, do I lose my bookmarks? passwords? certificates? useful cookies? harmful cookies? add-ons?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Complain to Google - they're the ones that are pushing no more removable storage (thus, why would developers waste time supporting APPS2SD, or even the ability to save to SDCard?)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter