Apparently root for $20!?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You should NEVER pay for a rooting method. Who ever wants you to pay for rooting is "RIPPING YOU OFF!"

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If I created an in demand program and I had no competitors I'd likely charge a fee too. Obviously this root engineer is skilled and likely educated, his creation, I believe, is worthy of a fee. $20 isn't going to make anyone file for bankruptcy.

Posted via the Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's a half-baked root at best. "Read only" so most of the things one would root to be able to use won't work.
Congrats to the dev for finding a way in, but I'll save my money for whoever finds root I can actually use.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
And, of course, nobody is forcing anyone to actually pay $20.

If you want it, pay. If you don't want to pay, get on with your life.

resn8

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's a bummer that one can't mount /system as RW with this root method. However, a few nice system images have also been released in the last couple days. I'm running an image with WiFi tether, Xposed, and Addblocker baked in. It's awesome to be using Gravitybox on my Turbo and well worth $20 for the freedom to use tethering and block those adds!

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with the $20 fee, I am hoping that now that the root door has been cracked open a more complete solution will become available in the near future, there is only one I thing I really miss from my old phone and that is wifi hotspot. The hotspot is something I wish I could use now and then but it is far from a necessity so I can be patient, the Turbo is an awesome phone as is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skrifjar14