Are Android fans battery obsessed?

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It defeats the phone's normal function of the battery, where others don't need to activate saving modes just to get the extra boost

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

I agree. I bought this phone because for one it is a smartphone and what's the point of using the U.Power saving mode when it takes away most of your features and defeats the purpose. It's only useful if you are running low on battery and you know you won't be home or no where near the charger for a few hours or your at a party and need those extra few hours. I never use power saving method and never felt the need to because by the end of day my battery is usually around 70%. And I just charge mine overnight and have a full battery in the morning.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
If someone is getting bad life and bad idle drain, either a) rogue app, b) something wrong with system and needs to be hard reset, c) faulty parts. As for mine, battery life is beyond incredible, I'm a heavy user with work and have gone 4+ hours on screen time, lots of call/emails/text, synching on, gps on (I just keep bluetooth off unless needed), streaming music as gym and even in car/truck sometimes etc... and can still still have 30%+ left at end of day and idle drain is so slow like just under 1% an hour over night that I can still go till like noon without plugging in. Our iPhones (4S/5/5S) couldn't do half that without dying, and not even my rooted and rom'd tweaked for battery life S2 could do without having to plug in at some point durring the day.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. Battery life on this phone is amazing and better than any device I have ever had. 17 hours of moderate use and I am around 40%. If the battery life is not good, then people need to identify the problem or exchange the phone.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
By the way, battery METERS need several full battery cycles to properly calibrate themselves. Some of the early readings reported here may not be accurate.

Give the phone at least three battery cycles before giving up.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this something that develops over a couple of weeks? I have been checking recently and android operating system is using 42% of my battery life. Just curious as to why?

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
By the way, battery METERS need several full battery cycles to properly calibrate themselves. Some of the early readings reported here may not be accurate.

Give the phone at least three battery cycles before giving up.

What do mean by full battery cycle? My device(htc one m8) is like already 4 days old and i still get poor battery life. Should i send this back or this is normal. I unplugged it at 7 used it a couple like searching the web, streaming google music but where i live it has a very low reception. I live in the basement(my apartment). So maybe thats the battery drainer. On

Attachments

• 1398970753739.jpg
    1398970753739.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1398970763303.jpg
    1398970763303.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I can go almost a full two days without a charge and all I have on is the regular power save, not the ultra. It does not stop me from using any normal function on the phone and I am texting and checking notifications quite frequently. I'm am extremely pleased with the battery life!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Some expect way too much and/or some doesn't know how to tweak their phones to make it last longer. Do you really need certain features/settings turned on or brightness turned all the way up?

Having said that I do expect Super Phones today to last AT LEAST 12 hours, med-high usage. My supervisor teases me how his last 3-4 days. LOL Flip phone.

Last night I was able to...

Text, Browse, Stream over an hour of NHL playoffs and 20 minutes of YouTube. After 12 hour shift, I had 36% left.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What do mean by full battery cycle? My device(htc one m8) is like already 4 days old and i still get poor battery life. Should i send this back or this is normal. I unplugged it at 7 used it a couple like searching the web, streaming google music but where i live it has a very low reception. I live in the basement(my apartment). So maybe thats the battery drainer. On

64% with over 2 hours of display time and low signal? You're doing great.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well im on day three light use and just now in single digits, using just power saving background data and performance while I wasnt using it