Are you keeping your D2?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that when the 3 phones are released (Rezound, Razr, and Prime), I'm going to be upgrading. Who else here is going to get rid of your D2 for one of the 3 new 4G phones? Which one do you think will be the overall best?

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I may go for the Rezound, but not right away. I love Sense, so for me that's the only choice. I don't like getting phones as soon as they come out though because of all the potential bugs and issues. I might wait until Feb. or March to give HTC/Verizon a chance to work any kinks out.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the Rezound too. I don't like that there will be no extended life battery for the Razr and the Prime will have no external SD card. Plus the processor on the Rezound looks like it will be lightning fast.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Inc2 until A: it breaks or B: I can pick up a better phone for free through a contract extension. The Inc2 handles everything I need to do perfectly well, I have no interest in 4G data, and I'm sure we'll get ICS in the form of Cyanogen at some point.

The Prime looks nice, but its built by Samsung, and after a horrible experience with the Fascinate, I swore I'd never buy another phone from them. Hopefully the next Nexus phone will be built by HTC.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I too am keeping mine at least until I get an upgrade in March. I kept my Treo 680 just shy of 4 years (I was on prepay, no plan or upgrades). At this point my Dinc2 does everything I need and more. No need to spend money.

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Although I've had numerous problems, that's expected with any phone so if you get a new one you'll experience the same (or worse) issues simply because technology isn't perfect. In other words, ill be sticking with my Inc2

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a HORRIBLE experience with the original Droid X. Tons of random reboots and other issues. I had to swap it out 6 times! I got the DINC2 as soon as it came out and guess what? I'm still on my original DINC2! I've had absolutely NO problems whatsoever with this phone! I like the new faster/shinier phones, but as others have said, the DINC2 just works! So I'm keeping my DINC2 and my money in my pocket!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Have not had any issues with this phone. Plus I'm not the type to go out and buy a new phone just because something better came out.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Like said previously I would wait a couple months to see what the major problems are with each of these 4G phones. I have to say that the Samsung looks like the absolute worse. The Razr looks cool and the Rezound looks nice as long is it isn't like the thunderbolt. They all have a lot of potential for problems. I am sticking with the inc2 because of its dependability. I will look into 4G phones when they have the bugs worked out...which will prolly be a year or so lol.

sent from my skyraider inc2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I love my DINC2. There's always that compulsion to get the latest... but in all reality, it seems like these manufacturers are focused on making things bigger and bigger and honestly, I'm not sure thats where the market is at. Apple got that one right so far. But DINC2 has it down perfect. 4in is the perfect size. I dont want an tablet for a phone. Then add a rugged case and u got a VCR in ur hands! 2nd, I think the Prime looks fairly plasticy and light. I like weight. weight feels like quality. I dont need the wind to give me the feeling that its going to just blow away. Doesnt give u confidence that the thing is worth the 100s of dollars u would be paying for it

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Coincidently, after making this discussion thread, my GPS stopped working entirely. I called Verizon and asked them to move my upgrade from next April to now. They said to call back when the new phones are released. The poor signal strength and crappy GPS on the D2 are enough to make me switch to the Prime.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The poor signal strength and crappy GPS on the D2 are enough to make me switch to the Prime.

I hope for your sake Samsung cares more about the Prime than they did about the Fascinate, because that POS was the king of poor signal strength and crappy GPS.

The Prime does look nice, but it would take a LOT for me to even consider buying another Samsung.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Chris- I owned the Fascinate previous to getting the D2. I was frustrated that I wasn't getting the 2.2 update and Verizon allowed me to get the D2 as a lateral switch. The GPS and signal strength was far better on my old Fascinate. As far as updates go, the Prime will most likely be 1st on the list considering it is a "pure Google experience," and will be the first phone touting ICS. I'm also in love with the screen size on my wife's Bionic. Texting is a breeze. The larger screen on the Prime looks great. The Rezound will seemingly be just 4" and I want something larger.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope for your sake Samsung cares more about the Prime than they did about the Fascinate, because that POS was the king of poor signal strength and crappy GPS.

The Prime does look nice, but it would take a LOT for me to even consider buying another Samsung.

I agree with this totally. My signal strength, data speed are double what I got with the fascinate. Its not just the fascinate though, Samsung is known for putting horrible GPS's and radio in their devices. The fascinate was the worst phone I have ever owned. I will never by a Samsung again.

People that are having signal issues with the inc2, I am not sure why. Check the battery door, the antenna in there could be messed up.

Sent from my Incredible 2

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the best phone I've ever had, period. I'm not interested in a gargantuan screen - the Dinc2 is the biggest form factor that I would ever consider. I don't care about battery-sucking 4G.

So basically - I will keep the Dinc2 until...

1) My contract is up in February
2) A better phone with a 4-inch screen comes along that
3) Has battery life at least as good as my Dinc2 (whether 3G or 4G) and
4) Is running ICS.

I'm wondering if that phone will ever come along, considering the current ridiculous race to build phones ever bigger...

intelligen

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a HORRIBLE experience with the original Droid X. Tons of random reboots and other issues. I had to swap it out 6 times! I got the DINC2 as soon as it came out and guess what? I'm still on my original DINC2! I've had absolutely NO problems whatsoever with this phone! I like the new faster/shinier phones, but as others have said, the DINC2 just works! So I'm keeping my DINC2 and my money in my pocket!

What about the call quality and the speaker volume? I almost went with the dinc2 but decided against it because all the reviews reported inconsistent/poor call quality, a weak speaker, and trouble reading the screen in direct sunlight. Of course, the phone I did get freezes or spontaneously reboots

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What about the call quality and the speaker volume? I almost went with the dinc2 but decided against it because all the reviews reported inconsistent/poor call quality, a weak speaker, and trouble reading the screen in direct sunlight. Of course, the phone I did get freezes or spontaneously reboots

With a decent signal, I find the call quality to be completely fine. My issue with the signal strength is pretty much limited to home. But even radio stations start to break up when we approach the bottom of the hill we live on, so it's just a tough area for radio signals to penetrate. Anywhere away from home, I haven't had an issue, so while the phone probably does have a week antenna, I think the biggest factor in my case is Verizon's network.

As for the speaker, I don't use the speakerphone much or listen to any music (on the phone), so I've never noticed it as an issue. It's a phone, not a THX certified home audio system, so my expectations are realistic. The screen is more than adequate in direct sunlight, I've had better (but not much) and I've had far worse, so again, with reasonable expectations, it's fine.

No phone is perfect, but overall, this is the best one I've owned by far and I'm in no rush to replace it. .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strongfirm