ArmadilloTek Vanguard

karyney

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so thanks to one or two other reviews I saw on this site, I managed to score a free ArmadilloTek Vanguard series case in purple. Technically it was 28 cents - they told me to use a 20% off coupon and it ended up being $16.78 and they sent me $16.50 via paypal. This was all "in exchange" for an in depth review with photos here on AC. I got my Note9 in March and had only gotten a couple of silicone cases and a tempered glass screen protector. The more I read up on cases I realized that most people are right about the Note9 costing an entire grand and here I was cutting costs when it came to buying cases.

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep the glass screen protector on beneath the flimsy built in protector of the ArmadilloTek case. It is fairly easy to install but a little harder to remove, which is good because I'm pretty sure it won't just pop off should I happen to drop my phone. I did drop it once, off of a table from about 2.5-3' off the ground, it survived. I also ended up removing the built in protector and the case worked fine with my glass one.

The buttons all worked well through the case, and the headphone and charger ports are well protected with flaps. There is also a stand but I don't really have a need for it. I tried popping it out and using it to hold the phone like a PopSocket but it was very uncomfortable. Also, when the kickstand is pulled out, small parts of the phone are exposed. Since it isn't waterproof of anything I don't know how it could possibly affect the phone but I thought I'd mention it. I do not have a wireless charger yet so I was unable to test to see if worked, but from other reviews I've read, it does. It doesn't add too much bulk or a lot of weight, which is something I think most people are looking for in a protective case.

All in all, I think it is a good value with some good color options. As long as you aren't playing ping pong with your phone I think it would be well protected by the ArmadilloTek Vanguard series case.

Attachments

• ijxJpR74.jpg
    ijxJpR74.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 22
  • GvNQHbqE.jpg
    GvNQHbqE.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190519_212531.jpg
    20190519_212531.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 21

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Lucky you, I had to pay for mine. It's always the case I come back to. I've had the Olive green for about 4 months now. The only thing I've done is remove the screen protector, it just wasn't slick enough for my liking when using the S-pen. Wireless charging works great on the Vanguard, that's how I charge mine every night. I don't find using the stand as a finger loop that uncomfortable and it is also very sturdy in both landscape and portrait orientations Getting the bottom covers open is a bit tricky to do one handed but all in all this will be my primary case until I change phones.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Lucky you, I had to pay for mine. It's always the case I come back to. I've had the Olive green for about 4 months now. The only thing I've done is remove the screen protector, it just wasn't slick enough for my liking when using the S-pen. Wireless charging works great on the Vanguard, that's how I charge mine every night. I don't find using the stand as a finger loop that uncomfortable and it is also very sturdy in both landscape and portrait orientations Getting the bottom covers open is a bit tricky to do one handed but all in all this will be my primary case until I change phones.

I love my yello... Olive Green Vanguard case!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex-1999