Armor For Android

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had a chance to check out the new app "Armor For Android" I downloaded it yesterday, and was wondering if anyone has yet to make any comments on it, please respond

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried it. I don't really see the need for anti-virus on my handset at this point. Aside from that, given that there are a number of better known A-V apps that are free, I think this is going to be a hard sell for most people.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Lookout on mine but question why I need it even though I am rooted since I only download apps from Playstore and Roms from XDA

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Lookout is...not good.android is not windows haha.the only 2 things you must watch out for on android are spyware and adware.lookout fails to stop either of these things so its counterproductive.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had a chance to check out the new app "Armor For Android" I downloaded it yesterday, and was wondering if anyone has yet to make any comments on it, please respond

I saw it in the store but I was like OK meh.if u absolutely must install one of these to feel content,then go with trustgo.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

kimncath

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded this app and it is telling me I have 4 serious threats on my visual land, which I haven't put anything on it that didn't come from it's recommended site...and it wants .99 a day for the advanced program, cause the free one can't get rid of these...trojans...is this forReal? that would be 30-32 bucks a Month??? Auto renewal, come on...I wasn't born yesterday. Anyone have this happen?

bigwawao

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just got a phone call (yes- a phone call) saying (in an indian accent)that they are from google support and calling in reference to a computer with 3 viruses. I know something about computers and when I heard it, I thought it was a scam. Said goodbye and put the phone down. After that I started thinking. I have 3 other sloppy computer challenged users in the house. So I asked my wife who has a Toshiba tablet and she told me that " something just pops up'. She said that she does not download from any other site other than google store and did not dl this program. Saw that it was Armour for Android. Showed that her tablet has 3 viruses. Clicked on the fix button and it brought me to a google play-like billing page for $ 0.99/day payment. Needless to say, I uninstalled it and went online to search about it. I found an article written by Sophos dated January 2013. The billing noted was $ 0.99/ week. Now its per day. I have a feeling, they will soon cut and run. Here is the scary thing. Reading thru the app information, it says that the app can access a lot of stuff from your computer ( I hope it did not go thru my home network). They even manage to get my phone number!!!!! Looking back, I should have string the indian guy along to try to get more information out of him but I shut him off asap after hearing that he is from google support, that my computer had 3 viruses (none of my family members were complaining of funky tablets and laptops)>
kimncath- you are not alone!

Harish Kumar KV

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am using Sony experia Z1. I ma also facing same problem. I did not installed anything but armor for android is coming in my mobile and showing you have 2 threats. Please advise solution for this.

technophobe1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Lorraine Gardner, thank you for your comment, I did this and it worked immediately. "Android" recommended I download this app, and I had a quick read of it, seemed legit, but then kept texting me telling me there was a trojan on my phone and asked for bank details, it has been on my phone for about an hour until I got rid of it following your steps, I am concerned other information has been taken from my phone, ie banking, is this a risk or am I ok? Thanks again! You're a big help! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484