Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

Iphonejackson

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hotspot?

If this has Been asked already, I apologize. Will the incredible allow you to use it as a wifi hot spot? If so, is there an additional expense per month? After five years I am finally going to get a phone other than a blackberry. I'm pretty excited!

mendon

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard when they are going to make a modification to allow apps on the internal flash drive or the removable SD flash card. This change would make the Incredible truly incredible.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My 3 questions:

1. Hows the Google Voice experience on the Incredible? Calling out? Texting? Local Verizon store employees have no idea what Google Voice is when I go look at the DROID. They always talk into the phone's search when I ask them to show me :|

2. How's Non Gmail support? IMAP/POP3, How many accounts? I max out my Blackberry at 10 and use them all.

3. How's Google Apps support for domains? I use Google Calendar, Google Sync, Docs, etc everyday.

Thank you!

BB_Storm4me

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My questions (and I'm sure some are just android 2.1 specific):

1) How does the voice quality compare to Blackberry's?

2) Is the signal strength any stronger (better) than other phones?
(i.e. does it work better in places other phones on the same carrier fail?)

3) Is there any way to "hide" applications, folders, and email accounts?
(Like BB's do)

4) Does predictive text automatically learn? (like names and abbreviations)

5) Are input text fields "smart?" (like only allowing numbers in zip code, correct state abbreviations, predictive text of prior inputted company names)

6) Are third party applications and user data easily restored when doing system software (OS) updates?

7) Can you set auto (local) delete of emails to a time-frame?

8) Can you delete blocks or date ranges of emails?

9) How quick is a universal search and can you selectively pick what ares to look? (email, text, documents, etc.)

10) Does universal search take you to the document or to the specific area of a document with the search string? (BB's take you to the document, then you have to search within the document. The old Palm OS took you to the spot within the document without further action, but didn't allow selective search...say just emails from a specific person.)

That's enough for now...

Last edited:

DarthPookhie

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Android phones but I love how this one displays the weather and incorporates the weather updates into the moving wallpaper. My question is this: With all the integration on this phone, can you al have it look up the weather where one of your contacts lives just by clicking on a contact from your contact list? Also if this can be done, is there another Droid phone that can do it as well?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I am new to Android phones but I love how this one displays the weather and incorporates the weather updates into the moving wallpaper. My question is this: With all the integration on this phone, can you al have it look up the weather where one of your contacts lives just by clicking on a contact from your contact list? Also if this can be done, is there another Droid phone that can do it as well?

that would be interesting, afaik the incred can't do it, nor have i come across any app that could add that functionality either

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you emailed a dev of a good weather app you could put the bug in their ear ?

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you not have an Eris battery that you can test it to confirm?

Dawn I'm fairly sure he's mistaken. I've used an Eris and that device is just soooo much smaller than the incredible. Just look at pictures of an Eris next to a phone which is similar to the incredible like the Moto Droid. The batter in the Incredible is pretty big and I just can't imagine that it will fit in the Incredible. If I remember correctly your question was in regards to a 1350 battery which is a fairly insignificant upgrade anyway. You'd be best off just getting a 1600 for the Inc. when they come out.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Dawn I'm fairly sure he's mistaken. I've used an Eris and that device is just soooo much smaller than the incredible. Just look at pictures of an Eris next to a phone which is similar to the incredible like the Moto Droid. The batter in the Incredible is pretty big and I just can't imagine that it will fit in the Incredible. If I remember correctly your question was in regards to a 1350 battery which is a fairly insignificant upgrade anyway. You'd be best off just getting a 1600 for the Inc. when they come out.

I thought they were coming out with a 2100?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Can non-market place apps be installed without having to root, or is this locked down by Verizon?

yes, there is a option to allow unauthorized apps (i forget the wording, but something like that) you just check it, and then you can load whatever you want. ATT is the one who is locking down features now :p

Does the keyboard work landscape as well as portrait? How is it? I'm going to be switching from a Storm2.

yes, you get a larger qwerty in landscape. if it's anything like the eris' keyboard, it's awesome.

ugh....
remind me why im leaving ATT again LOL

luke wilson.

Duble_E

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've seen reviews mention that Exchange Active Sync is fully supported to allow remote wipe of the Droid Incredible phone, but my IT department still will not support the device unless they have valid confirmation that it really works. I've tried emailing HTC tech support to get an official response but not sure where else to turn. It would be nice to read an article where remote wipe was successful and/or further confirmation from this site that remote wipe without running any third party software works. Otherwise, I'm stuck with my current Blackberry on Verizon.

arnoldo83

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen reviews mention that Exchange Active Sync is fully supported to allow remote wipe of the Droid Incredible phone, but my IT department still will not support the device unless they have valid confirmation that it really works. I've tried emailing HTC tech support to get an official response but not sure where else to turn. It would be nice to read an article where remote wipe was successful and/or further confirmation from this site that remote wipe without running any third party software works. Otherwise, I'm stuck with my current Blackberry on Verizon.

I'd be curious to find out the same thing. I know the iPhone did it ok, you could lock the device, changed the code and remote whipe it; the Droid not so much. Best you could do was disable it from getting new updates. But you still had full access to the email loaded in the device. Not something companies would want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana