AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I was going to tell you to simply turn off/disable AT&T Software Update in Application Manager, but it seems that 4.4 KK does not allow you to disable it anymore, you can only stop the process. Perhaps I'm missing something, or having a brain fart I guess! This would suck if you cannot disable it.

I've tried everything. I've had my Wi Fi off for 3 days now lol. It's the only thing that stops the download from proceeding. Some say the download once completed will self install after so many times of you saying no. Just can't bear to have issues with my phone. I paid cash for it in December and I'm on Net10 running on the At&t network getting 4G lte. No issues at all with the stock phone.

Posted via Android Central App

mas90guru

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Have had one random reboot so far (none previously).

Noticed one issue with Hangouts and SMS. Have set Hangouts to be default SMS. When I've gotten up the past two days my SMS would not send without requiring a reboot.

The update seems to have solved the major GPS bug where the ATT Note 3 would drop GPS every time is switched from LTE to 4G.

Battery life seems no better or no worse. Overall experience save for the problem with SMS seems improved.

Prior to updating I wiped the phone.

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't really had any issues that a hard reset didn't fix. I just noticed today that S Voice doesn't wake up with "Hi Galaxy" anymore, even though the appropriate options are selected.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
If u have screen lock the cam don't show up. Has anyone else got the security updates notification. Or know what's in it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So I can't get any of my emails without it it being synced. I hate that bc that means it is pushing my email wasting battery life. I rather check it Manuel and just hit the refresh button..

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
So I can't get any of my emails without it it being synced. I hate that bc that means it is pushing my email wasting battery life. I rather check it Manuel and just hit the refresh button..

I found the same thing. I checked "Sync Email", then "Set sync schedule" to Manual.

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Same here, and even though I have manual set for both Gmail and hotmail, I get email notifications every day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am going to try a reset. Then check everything to manual again see if that works... Only thing that is grinding my gears about kk 4.4.2..

piczon1983

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I bought a note 3 from a person on CL. He told me it was rooted but he unrooted it for me and took it back to stock. But the official kitkat update will not install. I get the install interrupted message. Is there any chance that this phone was not unrooted correctly? Is there somewhere on the phone I can check if it is rooted? FYI the baseband is N900AUCUBNB4.
The build is JSS15J.N900AUCUBNB4. Any help would be greatlt appreciated. Thanks.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Check the other thread in this section on failing at 27%

piczon1983

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Check the other thread in this section on failing at 27%

I'll take a look. But mine doesnt even go up to 27%. It will finish the dowload and when the install starts it automatically say interrupted before it even reaches 1%

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well reset didn't work either.. Seems like the Gmail app will work with out sync but the stock email app will not.. Ugh

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I updated on the first day and here are some of the issues that I've experienced that I've never had prior to the update.

Phone locks up sometimes after I get a text. All I get is a blank screen like the phone is turned off. It wakes up after about 20-30 sec of trying to press the home or on button.

Text message locks up from time to time when I reply. The keyboard just freeze and nothing on the screen works, I have to press the home button and exit the message for it to come back on. This happens when I am replying to something online as well.

The browser stops working and crash often.

GPS still has issue, unusable but still not perfect.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ It must be asked. Have you performed a complete wipe of the device and a re-install from scratch ? Also, if not this is what you need to do with the wipe but before installing all of your stuff....just get the basics back.... try using the GPS to see if it is still unstable. I know that may be inconvenient and you may not have time but if you can take a drive and the GPS still drops it may be worth considering a warranty exchange due to that and all the other problems present with a nearly factory fresh device. You may be able to prove the 4.4.2 update messed up your device so AT&T will resolve the problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

justsumguru

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

I should had known better than to accept the update at work but I did so thinking it was just another minor update. After upgrade, the crashing has began and the phone is unusable.

"Unfortunately, com.android.keyguard has stopped." I had to pull the battery out to reboot as no screen inputs would work. After reboot, "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acroe has stopped." This one is relentless and will not go away.

Will tinker with it later this evening and report back success/failures.

Backed up what I needed with Kies 3 even though it was stuck in the crash loop. Performed a wipe and reset. Back in business.

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Many of us here have come to accept that after any major update a complete wipe of the device is necessary and it has shown to be beneficial in numerous ways. It is a pain to reset our Notes and start fresh but a few hours of inconvenience has helped many of us eliminate the daily frustration of potential problems software updates can bring.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen