[AT&T] Root AT&T Galaxy Note 2

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone successfully rooted the AT&T Galaxy Note 2?

Also, any word when CM 10 (or any custom ROM) will be available? Anyone working on it?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root AT&T Galaxy Note 2

Read they have nightlies for the international already, but no stylus support. That's a deal breaker, isn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I haven't (yet) but I have been considering it. My reason is to try to enable tethering/wifi hotspot without having to donate $20/month to AT&T. Sounds like it might not quite be tweaked yet though, it's still early (from the release of the phone). Foxfi from the app store says it doesn't support the phone with AT&T; right now I'm trying out SVTP (lite). After initially saying it had to close, it's now working. Still not sure if I want to spend the $15 for the full app or wait to see if a custom ROM comes out to enable tethering/wifi hotspot. One issue I saw on another board was a flash counter - anyone know anything about that? Does AT&T track how often we flash ROM's when the phone is rooted now?

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I rooted my AT&T GN2 and flashed CleanRom Lite 1.1 found in XDA Forums. It is a fantastic ROM with zero issues and crazy fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Hell yea...running multiview and loving it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Yes, running multi view and did the external to internal memory swap and happy I did

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I haven't (yet) but I have been considering it. My reason is to try to enable tethering/wifi hotspot without having to donate $20/month to AT&T. Sounds like it might not quite be tweaked yet though, it's still early (from the release of the phone). Foxfi from the app store says it doesn't support the phone with AT&T; right now I'm trying out SVTP (lite). After initially saying it had to close, it's now working. Still not sure if I want to spend the $15 for the full app or wait to see if a custom ROM comes out to enable tethering/wifi hotspot. One issue I saw on another board was a flash counter - anyone know anything about that? Does AT&T track how often we flash ROM's when the phone is rooted now?

Try Foxfi for tethering. I downloaded this app and was able to successfully connect my GN2 as the hotspot with my laptop and I'm not rooted or ROM'd. I'm a flashaholic and had my SGSII tricked out but I'm not willing to forgo the OTA update we have coming from AT&T to root at this point.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I ran my GN2 two weeks and then rooted. I was happy with the GN2 and Touchwiz, but it sure is nice having CWM and being able to do a complete Nandroid backup (being able to put your phone back exactly how it was at a certain date). I flashed a tether enable zip ( [MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering. - xda-developers ) that lets you tether just as you would if you had coughed up the $$ to ATT. I hardly ever tether, but when I want the function it sure is nice to have. I also flashed the Nexus 4 photosphere "app" (it is more than just the app). The photosphere works great on the GN2. [Solved] camera 4.2 for the note 2 - xda-developers

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Rooted and running CleanRom 2.1, very pleased with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums