Audio switches, screen freezes

elmc

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2016 GMC canyon and a HTC M8.

Android Auto works perfectly as long as I keep maps muted and I never touch the "mic" button. As soon as I touch the "mic" button or maps tries to talk to me, audio switches to my phone's speakers and the screen freezes. If i unplug the phone and plug it back in everything works again.

My son has a HTC M9 and it all works just fine in the truck. It must be something with my M8.

I cannot see any differences in settings. I've been working on this for weeks. I've tried so many setting changes. I've tried different cables. Nothing makes any differece. Is it just the M8?
:':):)mad:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Google? If you believe it is a device issue, you're not the only person out there with that combination of device and Bluetooth setup. Others may have already posted and had this question answered, or even solved. It may be the system in the auto that is causing this issue so also check GMC boards.

elmc

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've searched google and many other forums. I've sent a complaint to google. I've tried solutions to similar problems. I've never seen anyone describe my specific problem though.

He Chen

May 15, 2016
Visit site
You're on a slight better boat than me. I have the HTC 10 running 6.0.1 and a Pioneer 8100NEX, the app would launch on head unit, but freeze immediately. Tried EVERYTHING, but still not working. Let me know if you find out anything and good luck.

He Chen

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I take it back, the HTC 10 is amazing. Finally got Android Auto sorted out, it turned out 6.0.1 is really picky about cables. I had a USB-Aux retention cable which caused the problem. Plugging in the cable directly to the back of the head unit sorted things out :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkeman