[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

gene26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5 (Updated 7/1

Well this is extremely frustrating. I have followed all instructions, unlocked, rooted, and even restored my apps, call log, sms and even apn. Only thing missing is my media. But every time I try, the cmd throws out the error I've captured. What is going on?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Ok.. OP updated with v1.5. I still can't figure out how to switch the input to WYSIWYG on this forum.. There is no button for it. Am I missing something?

{{ WugFresh }}

Only works from a PC.. go Advanced.. its the last button on the right hand side of the Tools.

N2B8U

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

Followed Instructions. Worked without a hitch.
Thanks Man!

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

How do i remove/uninstall the old version. It's not showing under programs

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I have a windows 7 pc but when I try to select the samsung devices it is not on my pc. my nexus shows as a portable device. Any suggestions?

digital.l0gic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, a quick noob Q.

I downloaded the toolkit and followed instructions and flash stock+unrooted my phone (it was rooted earlier, and was using 4.04)
and then I rooted it again, in order to flash JB. But donno how to flash JB :p

Now my noob Q is, how do i flash the JB update (btw is it 4.1 or 4.11?) into the rooted phone). I know it has to be some option in the advanced utilities..but not sure. Also is the stock google JB file included in the toolkit or i have to download separately?

I would really appreciate it if someone can list those steps.
Thanks a lot for your work Wugs. its great!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Alrighty I'm stumped. I use this toolkit so I can keep my stock recovery. But I cant delete the ready to flash folder. Its got a gig of my compiled ROM that I would like to r?clame it won't delete on the phone it just spits out an unable to complete action error. If I delete via pc it delets but as soon as I reboot the phone it comes back. How do I kill this folder I wouldn't care so mutch except it has one GB of space it rufuses to give back. Any ideas would Be appreciated

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a windows 7 pc but when I try to select the samsung devices it is not on my pc. my nexus shows as a portable device. Any suggestions?

Uninstall them manually install the drivers.

Hey guys, a quick noob Q.

I downloaded the toolkit and followed instructions and flash stock+unrooted my phone (it was rooted earlier, and was using 4.04)
and then I rooted it again, in order to flash JB. But donno how to flash JB :p

Now my noob Q is, how do i flash the JB update (btw is it 4.1 or 4.11?) into the rooted phone). I know it has to be some option in the advanced utilities..but not sure. Also is the stock google JB file included in the toolkit or i have to download separately?

I would really appreciate it if someone can list those steps.
Thanks a lot for your work Wugs. its great!

Check our flashing sticky as will as my Jelly Bean sticky :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: digital.l0gic

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site

I currently have version 1.3 of WUG's Tool Kit installed on my W7 machine. Can I just install 1.5 over it?

Prepping for my Nexus 7 arrival!

Crossfire503

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.1 (Updated 7/12/12)

You can definitely just install the new version of the toolkit. Depending on what backups you've made and when, you probably want the backup folders from the older version so that you can transfer them into the folders for the new version anyway.

BTW, loving 1.5 so far. So much more streamlined and I'm loving the additional backup options. Half of my contacts have previously been backed up to Backup Assistant, so saving everything to one file is great. I got tired of trying to figure out the issues I was having, so just flashed Vicious Jelly Bean. That went without a hitch, but I realized that I did not have Backup Assistant on the new ROM. Thankfully, I had done the smart thing and backed up my contacts first. This made it incredibly simple to restore my contacts and less work to re-organize them. Very nice.

protmind

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm stuck on step 4 of the initial set up "list adb devices". When I plug in my phone, Samsung ADB device pops up in device manager. When I hit the button list adb devices, no console window opens up. In the task manager a process called adb.exe does start. At this point the toolkit is frozen and I have to kill it from the task manager. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm on win 7 32bit and I have a stock verizon galaxy nexus on 4.0.4

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I used 1.5 yesterday and I have everything working. What is the difference in 1.5 and 1.5.1? Should I download 1.5.1 for the future or is 1.5 just fine?

Fibra

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for your excellent work. Can I use version 1.5.1 to 4.1 JRO03C?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I used 1.5 yesterday and I have everything working. What is the difference in 1.5 and 1.5.1? Should I download 1.5.1 for the future or is 1.5 just fine?

Some people were getting stalled during the root script. If this isn't happening to you than 1.5 is fine.

{{ WugFresh }}

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

is 1.5.1 necessary for the nexus 7?

i have 1.5 ready to go when mine arrives :)

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys I just purchased a used Galaxy Nexus which appears to be rooted to Jelly Bean. I'd really like it back in factory condition.

Also for selecting phone type I know I am CDMA Verizon but do I pick custom ROM Jelly Bean or Android 4.1 Build JRN84D?

igyauo.png

Thanks

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I just purchased a used Galaxy Nexus which appears to be rooted to Jelly Bean. I'd really like it back in factory condition.

Also for selecting phone type I know I am CDMA Verizon but do I pick custom ROM Jelly Bean or Android 4.1 Build JRN84D?

Click to view quoted image

Thanks

It actually wouldn't matter which one you picked for flashing stock, just as long as you picked the correct model type. Either one would prompt you to flash the latest Google factory image available for your device. That said, I would consider it a custom ROM.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: mgftp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85