[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

SSJChar

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
i have a question about the 'push' feature. I pulled the build.prop file from my nexus 4, made some changes and tried to push it back, but when i repulled the file the changes weren't made. i double checked to see if i did in fact push the altered file and i did. I was wondering why it might not be saving the changes? perhaps i can't overwrite a file with push?

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much to Wug for creating this. I had never rooted my phone before, and this made it very simple. Now running 4.2 on my GNex without waiting for big red to get the stick out of thier backside.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which ROM did you use?

I tried out CyanogenMod first, but was not impressed. I am now running Paranoid Android 3.0 and its awesome. Been running it about a week now, and have noticed little to no glitches. The PIE feature within Paranoid is probably my favorite part of it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
FYI the pie feature has been around long before paranoid. It's called lmt.
I tried out CyanogenMod first, but was not impressed. I am now running Paranoid Android 3.0 and its awesome. Been running it about a week now, and have noticed little to no glitches. The PIE feature within Paranoid is probably my favorite part of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Storm72

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Wugs;
Thank You For This! I read AC Forums for [2] hours looking for a way to get my Gnex to 4.1. It NEVER Got the OTA. I read a lengthy 15 page post that concluded with: "...Windows Users Use Wug's Toolkit for now..."
UGGH!
a 34 page post!
After an hour of reading everything and backing everything up - all I basically had to do was click "Flash Stock and unroot" and grab the factory image for 4.1 and let her rip.
Worked like a charm the first time.
Restored all my stuff.
Back in business.
Thanks Again!
Daniel

Josh Montoya

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.2 (Updated 1/1

I'm getting an error with the Fastboot, but I followed all the steps. I'm not sure what's wrong =/

My phone sits at the root screen and the program gives me the error.

Fixed! I installed the main drivers, but not the driver for the phone during its bootloader state. Stupid me >.<

Last edited:

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

After rooting with this tool kit a pop up on the PC says to open SU and see if the binary's need to be update then to open busybox and install the applets. When I opened SU there was no notice to update the binary's, do i still need to update them through busy box or am I good to go?

Certain

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

I was just about to post on the front page of the forum. Glad I happened to actually pay attention and I saw this thread sticked. Hopefully someone can answer my question.

My phone is currently unlocked (I get the Google and unlocked symbol upon booting my device), but apparently it is not rooted. I thought it was rooted but I may have been mistaken. The last time I did anything to my phone as far as unlocking or rooting is concerned was when the 4.1.1. update came out. That is what I currently have on my phone. I wasn't even aware that there was a newer 4.2.2. I just don't keep up with the updates and stuff like I used to, and I can't even remember which method I used to unlock the device. Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I don't know where to go from here. I want to root and my plan was to use Cyanogenmod or some other custom rom. Should I use this WUG app root my phone? If so do I need anything else or just that app? Someone point me in the right direction if possible. I've grown tired of stock Android and I'm ready to have a bit of fun with this phone.

Nnja_Mogglet

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Couple of quick questions?
1. Will this work on a U.K WiFi only device? Model: ME370T ~ Version: 4.2.2 ~ Build: JDQ39 ~ Kernel: 3.1.10-g05b777c
2. Can you choose where the Toolkit installs, like E:\Android\.... just being pedantic over where I install things on my PC :)
3. I have seen references to a "step by step guide", maybe I have missed the link to it, any pointers?

Many Thanks

DiscreetMooseX

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too.

I assume you would have to go to click "install" and then locate the .zip yourself, but I'm not sure where it gets put.

EDIT: There's a zip in /cache, but I don't have the heart to try it. Named "c01f18e07f87.signed-nakasi-JOP40D-fromJZO54.co1f18e0(...)". I'll wait for someone to fix this bug before I break something.

Did you manage to find a solution? I'm having the exact same problem as the two of you

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Couple of quick questions?
1. Will this work on a U.K WiFi only device? Model: ME370T ~ Version: 4.2.2 ~ Build: JDQ39 ~ Kernel: 3.1.10-g05b777c
2. Can you choose where the Toolkit installs, like E:\Android\.... just being pedantic over where I install things on my PC :)
3. I have seen references to a "step by step guide", maybe I have missed the link to it, any pointers?

Many Thanks

1. Yes, that is the Nexus7 - Wifi device. Select that as your device and 4.2.2 as your build in the toolkit.
2. Yes, you can install it anywhere as long as its in at least one folder (as in, it won't work properly if you were to install it directly to the root of your C:\ Drive; going by your example - E:\Android\... yes, that is totally fine).
3. Check my website, there are some video tutorials on there that you may find helpful.

Cheers,

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

After rooting with this tool kit a pop up on the PC says to open SU and see if the binary's need to be update then to open busybox and install the applets. When I opened SU there was no notice to update the binary's, do i still need to update them through busy box or am I good to go?

Busybox has nothing to do with Superuser binaries - installing those applets is a separate operation that you should perform regardless of whether or not SuperSU prompts for an update. The SuperSU app will only prompt you to update binaries if new SU binaries are available.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Need some help using the push and pull files/ folders features. Program is asking for path name on phone. I am hazy as to where (subfolders, etc. ) files best should be put on the phone or how to specify it. Example: I have some Word and Excel files that keep getting lost in the various backups. They just don't seem get backed up for some reason using Titanium. Titanium doesn't list them that I can find. When I do a wipe and restore the files are gone. Windows 7 windows explorer is a complete disaster for transferring files for backup because it hangs up all the time. So thought I would use Wugs. I use "OfficeSuite" as my usual app for these word and excel files but use other apps for these files as well. I have these files in a folder with my name but don't know whether to just put the folder in /sdcard or to put them in the same folder as "OfficeSuite". TTTT, I can't even find the folder the app is in.

The app should let you browse to any files on your sdcard, so you can go ahead and make a folder on your sdcard like /sdcard/MyDocs or whatever you want to call it. Then feel free to use the pull/push files feature.

All that said, I personally would recommend using a cloud storage solution for docs rather than the toolkit. Its way more accessible and doesn't require cords. Check out apps like google drive or dropbox. Google drive has a feature to allow offline access to documents of your choice, which makes it a great solution.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

dear wugfreash how many other tool kits have you made and that are availible too use for other smartphones out there???

Just this one for now, which currently supports all the Nexus devices (except the N1). I will do my best to continue updating this program so that it always supports the latest android builds and future Nexus devices. I have some plans to try and create similar program for other devices but I can't provide any ETA on those initiatives at this time.

{{ WugFresh }}

Nnja_Mogglet

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

1. Yes, that is the Nexus7 - Wifi device. Select that as your device and 4.2.2 as your build in the toolkit.
2. Yes, you can install it anywhere as long as its in at least one folder (as in, it won't work properly if you were to install it directly to the root of your C:\ Drive; going by your example - E:\Android\... yes, that is totally fine).
3. Check my website, there are some video tutorials on there that you may find helpful.

Cheers,

{{ WugFresh }}

Hi WugFresh,

Many thanks... appreciated.. Dave

Nnja_Mogglet

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

I forgot to ask,
On the Debug screen there are 2 choice MTP & PTP, it seems to default MTP, Is that the correct one.
Not run it yet, so it may have a prompt?

Thanks

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

when I click on flash stock + unroot than OK,
it asked what version, I want the 4.1.1 or can I download the 4.2.2 thats been leaked and use that?
choice- Automatically download .....

when I do this, will it put the gapps back and will it automatically put back my apps back on my phone too or will I have to reinstall them all.

I under stand I will lose music, pictures, etc on my phone just want to stock it back up and lock for now.

Thanks,

Dave-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder