AWRAW5117-1.apk

The-Driver

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My wife owns an HTC One, 18 months old, and has recently noticed an automatic download called AWRAW5117-1.apk. She has not given it permission to install because she is always suspicious of updates after the system update some time ago that, she says, completely ruined her phone.
I've tried google but turned up nothing meaningful except to indicate it may be malware. I have also searched this forum using the standard search tool and there is nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My wife owns an HTC One, 18 months old, and has recently noticed an automatic download called AWRAW5117-1.apk. She has not given it permission to install because she is always suspicious of updates after the system update some time ago that, she says, completely ruined her phone.
I've tried google but turned up nothing meaningful except to indicate it may be malware. I have also searched this forum using the standard search tool and there is nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Don't know what it is and like you I can't find anything from a search. I would not install it until I know what it is. I would even try a antivirus software and see if it removes it.