Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

PANDAFR3SH

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I called BS on the 17K number. No chance does a major company order that little for an entire country.

Unless I misread it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Kinda feeling the same way. I do believe the whole "google sent an incomplete shipping manifest" though. I could see something like that being an issue, causing delay which leads to people receiving their phone randomly and not in order.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My status has said complete since Nov. 13th and still says Complete. Though the date in the Play store switched to the 19th yesterday. Wallet is pending still but the temp. charge finally dropped off my credit card account.

jeandyangrand

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the backorder email on the 15th but today I received this uploadfromtaptalk1353473556355.jpg and when I called them they said I was supposed to receive it by tomorrow then a few minutes ago I got an email stating I won't for 3 weeks. Smh this is getting annoying.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
...we received approximately 17,000 Nexus 4 devices from LG Korea/Google. 7,000 of these devices were 8GB devices, and the remaining 10,000 were the 16GB devices.

Apple was able to sell 5 million units in the US in the first day and 10 million in the first weekend (Apple Sales Shortage). So, I have a hard time believing that Google/LG only made 17k available for the entirety of the US AND had the same projections world wide.

I hate to say it, but I am going to call BS and the guy working for UPS - he's an unknown who admittedly "found XDA" as a quick way to get info out to Android users? This sounds very fishy... but then again, so does the who Google Play Store Fail :p

RickyThunell

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't buy the whole 17000 units.
I can buy it, seeing as how not many people outside of these forums actually care about the device, and it would seem that the majority of those within the android community are still without phones. I agree that it is hard to imagine that Google would sell the device so short. But I don't have to imagine it, as I am not seeing what I would estimate as more than 17,000 who have actually received a phone. I just see, certainly, not much more than 17,000 who were actually excited about the phone and wanting it on release day between here and XDA posting about being on back-order.

samiam2714

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Here is my status:
Date/Time : 11/13/2012 - 10:39:20 AM PST.
Confirmation : 11/13/2012 - 10:40 AM PST.
Bank charges : Pending till 11/18/2012. Then dropped.
Ordered Items : Nexus 4 16GB
Back order email : 11/15/2012 11:25 AM
Shipping status : N/A

arizonamman

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Order Date: November 13, 2012 10:07:54 AM UTC-8
Despite all the mis-information floating around, from spreadsheets to "mine was shipped on Nov. 13," my email has me thinking I still have 2 weeks to go. No point on getting myself all worried or excited over it. The T-Mo site is out of Micro SIMS so I have to go to a T-Mo store anyway:

Date: November 15, 2012 1:10:06 PM
"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

I only came to AC 2nite to check for any possible defects/bugs as I still have 2 weeks to cancel.

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I can buy it, mainly because that is more than likely not the only warehouse shipping them. He did not state that the freight shipping to re-stock was going directly to them... then again, too many variables. Regardless of this post from XDA, I still think we who are in BO/Pending won't see our devices until... well... much closer to the 3-week mark they posted... perhaps more if the shipment from LG is delayed further.

samiam2714

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My bet is the week of the third after everyone is done having vacation and the ship has landed then and only then will we see anymore progress on our orders. I refuse to call CS 1: they are not really going to be able to help if they have no device to give me. 2: they don't all seem to know what is going on (ever here of interoffice memos?) 3: being a kid from the 90's I learned how to wait for that all important gameboy watch you could buy from the back of the fruit loops box a long time ago and I can be patient.

I would like to know just exactly how many devices they did have ready to send out and why the servers bugged out so badly. Otherwise here I sit, waiting....

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can buy it, mainly because that is more than likely not the only warehouse shipping them. He did not state that the freight shipping to re-stock was going directly to them... then again, too many variables. Regardless of this post from XDA, I still think we who are in BO/Pending won't see our devices until... well... much closer to the 3-week mark they posted... perhaps more if the shipment from LG is delayed further.

Exactly. Louisville is only one center but it is their major hub here in the US. Depending on where the shipment comes in from Korea, it may go to a different hub. Also, freight coming in by sea will have to go through customs at a port location first. Once it arrives and clears customs, it becomes domestic cargo and can then be flown to any location in the US. Louisville does do a large part of sorting, but depending on where it comes in, it could easily go through a different hub and then get sorted and sent to the customer for delivery. So there are likely more units out there in addition to the ones he (allegedly) knows about.

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I heard that UPS leaves the package on the porch. Since our phones have been backordered and there is no information on the delivery date, I was wondering what would happen if UPS does that and it gets stolen before I am back from the vacation. Whose liability would it be?

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I received this email at 2am EST:

"Any orders that received a shipping confirmation email by November 19th are not on backorder. At this time, your purchase is on backorder, "Within 3 weeks" is the only guidance I can provide at this time. I?ll only know the scheduled delivery date when you receive an email notification that your order has shipped.

All The Best,

Carter
The Google Play Support Team"​

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
After speaking to "Fraizer" in the Play Store Support yesterday and being told devices are being shipped everyday and that 3 weeks was an outside estimate I received the following email this morning at at 1:58 AM EST.

Any orders that received a shipping confirmation email by November 19th are not on backorder. At this time, your purchase is on backorder, "Within 3 weeks" is the only guidance I can provide at this time. I?ll only know the scheduled delivery date when you receive an email notification that your order has shipped

Mabel
The Google Play Support Team

This is the most aggrevating part of the whole purchase process. If we could receive one piece of accurate information I would be happy,. If it is 3 weeks then that is fine but to get varying information at different times is frustrating. I am not going to expect anything in less than 3 weeks and that way regardless of what communication I get I will not set myself up for false expectatons. If I get home one day before then and it is sitting on my porch then I will be happy but otherwise 3 weeks is what I am looking toward.

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a pretty lame canned response.

If someone received shipping confirmation email, they are obviously not on backorder...

Tressabella

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
just saw that my money is back in my bank account now =( *sad panda* makes me feel like it will take even longer for me to receive my phone now T__T

user00265

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not a pre-authentication per-se... the amount varies by vendor. You can authorize the full amount first to make sure the customer has the full amount before the order is placed, and then capture the funds withing 3-5 days (it varies). Nobody except those people that have had their phones shipped will have a capture done on their payment methods.

PayPal and other similar methods do not have this "pre-authentication" when you're doing it from a bank account, so they WILL process it as a normal transaction, then give it back do you when the pending authorization expires.

Please, stop saying "they refunded my money" or "my money is back" -- it was never taken to begin with. It was on hold.