Bad stand-by time samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3

saab61

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

since I updated my unrooted samsung galaxy s3 to android 4.3 i have a battery problem.
My battery drops 5-10% in a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. NOT USING THE SCREEN!
I also downloaded no apps. and most of the samsung and google apps were dissabeld.

after that I bought the zerolemon 7000Mah extended battery. so 3.5 times bigger than the stock 2100Mah battery from Samsung.
I did a factory reset and installed some apps like whatsapp, zedge, facebook, and a few games.
I also installed greenify. this app force stops all the other app that I installed. After this my battery drops 2% a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. again not using the screen in that time. This is not the performence i was suspecting from a bigger battery.
I am sick of waking up and lose 10 % in the night with airplane mode on and no wifi.

most of the time android os is the bigest battery consumer in my battery log 15-30%.
Android os also shows a big stay awake time. (12 hours if i am using the phone for 24 hours).

My problem is the stand-by time and that is now really bad.
my screen on time is absolutlie great with my new battery. so if i use my phone the battery life is awsome with the extended battery
but when i put it in stand-by thats when the problems starts.
I also tryed some things like DS battery saver, advanced task killer, a factory reset and juice defender.
neither of this worked for me.

I dont think that a downloaded app is the problem because the problem stayed even with no apps installed.

I want to extend my stand-by time no matter what it takes and i hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!!:)

PS sorry for bad english!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

since I updated my unrooted samsung galaxy s3 to android 4.3 i have a battery problem.
My battery drops 5-10% in a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. NOT USING THE SCREEN!
I also downloaded no apps. and most of the samsung and google apps were dissabeld.

after that I bought the zerolemon 7000Mah extended battery. so 3.5 times bigger than the stock 2100Mah battery from Samsung.
I did a factory reset and installed some apps like whatsapp, zedge, facebook, and a few games.
I also installed greenify. this app force stops all the other app that I installed. After this my battery drops 2% a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. again not using the screen in that time. This is not the performence i was suspecting from a bigger battery.
I am sick of waking up and lose 10 % in the night with airplane mode on and no wifi.

most of the time android os is the bigest battery consumer in my battery log 15-30%.
Android os also shows a big stay awake time. (12 hours if i am using the phone for 24 hours).

My problem is the stand-by time and that is now really bad.
my screen on time is absolutlie great with my new battery. so if i use my phone the battery life is awsome with the extended battery
but when i put it in stand-by thats when the problems starts.
I also tryed some things like DS battery saver, advanced task killer, a factory reset and juice defender.
neither of this worked for me.

I dont think that a downloaded app is the problem because the problem stayed even with no apps installed.

I want to extend my stand-by time no matter what it takes and i hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!!:)

PS sorry for bad english!

Welcome to the forums.
Try clearing cache in recovery. That might help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

saab61

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey and tanks for the quick response!
is this dangerous? can my phone be bricked if i clear the cache? is there a chance that my phone wont get back on?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey and tanks for the quick response!
is this dangerous? can my phone be bricked if i clear the cache? is there a chance that my phone wont get back on?

No. I do that at least once a month.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

woska89

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to back my files up first? Or is it ok to just go for it without losing ne info?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid