Battery draining at an alarming rate....

Canephins

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you gotten this update? I checked and I have no updates available.
I have noticed Google maps accountable for almost 10 percent of my battery usage the last week out of nowhere. No new app to account for it. My battery isn't horrible but it seems weird.

It is a 1weather app update via the Play store. The app was a drain and they have now released an update for it that allegedly is a fix for that issue.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Of course your battery will be fine if you're on WIFI for 20 hours straight. Try the same thing with it off.

Heres running on LTE with moderate use

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347430459271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347430459271.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347430481022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347430481022.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 47

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Regarding Backup Assistant, it is a huge waste of space. As long as your Google account is setup to sync contacts (which is by default), you're good to go. You should be able to disable it via device settings, as well as check your contact sync settings.

So since I have a g-mail account , and it is synced to my phone...I don't need to use Back Up assitant? Should I need to reinstall my contacts is it pssible to do from gmail???

Sorry I am new to the android system AND smart phones...I had an EnV 3

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes once you sync your device with your Gmail acct providing your contacts were set to save then they should sync to your phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
ugh....my env was so much easier, lol

i loved my env2!

honestly, syncing to google is so much easier.

when you create a contact, select it to create in Google, not through the phone.
any time you make any changes, it automatically syncs up via the web, instantly.
if your phone got stolen, or destroyed, all your contacts would still be okay because it backs up to the web.

in your gmail account, too, you can click where it says "Inbox" and you can choose "Contacts." Then, you can edit and create contacts on your computer and it will sync with your phone. good stuff!

question, anybody also using Widget Locker? I wonder if that is contributing to the drain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacyverse