Battery issue, I think not...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If you are using your phone on WiFi you can get some good battery time, just like above with 5 hours of screen time on 14 hours total. Of course I'm sure the screen wasn't site above 50% brightness also (which you don't need anyway if using indoors). I have gotten this type of battery life on mine at home (WiFi) also.

But away from on with 4G on and heavy use (say streaming netflix) I can get as low as 4 hours on the phone. Just depends on how and where you use it, including type of data, brightness of screen etc...

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If i get more tgan 3 hours of screen on time its a miracle. 3 hrs of screen on can last me 15 hours or 3 hours, but seeing 5 hours of screen on time makes me think we arent seeing all the facts, was phone charging during that time? Do you have a 3800mAh battery? Or did you just have screen on without using any applications? I just dont buy it, would love to know if other people are getting that much screen on time and what battery and rom they are using.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If i get more tgan 3 hours of screen on time its a miracle. 3 hrs of screen on can last me 15 hours or 3 hours, but seeing 5 hours of screen on time makes me think we arent seeing all the facts, was phone charging during that time? Do you have a 3800mAh battery? Or did you just have screen on without using any applications? I just dont buy it, would love to know if other people are getting that much screen on time and what battery and rom they are using.

You can see from the screen caps I wasnt charging. I have the oem extended battery. I was surfing the net, watching you tube, facebook....etc...etc.....some of which you can see by the amount of battery used by browser and facebook..... I dont have any reason to try and fool you. It is what it is.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
yeah my phone has a high wake time with the stock kernal. it always has. im on franco's kernal and now i do not have the high android OS wake time to drain my battery. thats why people are having battery issues.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
How the hell do you get 5 hours on screen time?!!! I'm barely getting 2~! and that's always been the care since eternity.

If you read what I posted with the screen caps on page 1 I used alot of wifi that particular day. But I routinely get 3 to 4 hours + of screen on time. Im not doing anything special. I have a bunch of widgets running and I tend to use the hell out of my phone....evidenced by the fact that I do have my screen on for large swaths of time. My phone kicks ass.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you read what I posted with the screen caps on page 1 I used alot of wifi that particular day. But I routinely get 3 to 4 hours + of screen on time. Im not doing anything special. I have a bunch of widgets running and I tend to use the hell out of my phone....evidenced by the fact that I do have my screen on for large swaths of time. My phone kicks ass.

I saw your numbers, but that doesn't explain as much as people think. I do agree your phone kicks ass, I wonder what else is running. I too am running Wifi for 90% of the time. I have my 4G radio turned on.

Do you widgets on your homescreens?
Are you running twitter? as well as Facebook (i see Facebook).
Are you running as push Email system?
Are you running Google Talk all the time?

I'm gonna start stripping down my phone but these are just some examples.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw your numbers, but that doesn't explain as much as people think. I do agree your phone kicks ass, I wonder what else is running. I too am running Wifi for 90% of the time. I have my 4G radio turned on.

Do you widgets on your homescreens?
Are you running twitter? as well as Facebook (i see Facebook).
Are you running as push Email system?
Are you running Google Talk all the time?

I'm gonna start stripping down my phone but these are just some examples.

Facebook widget, twitter widget, youtube widget, news and weather widget, beautiful home weather widget, calendar widget....I use gmail and have a comcast account that goes to my gmail account...I dont really use google talk except for an occasional video call with my wife. I have my 4g radio turned on as well...but I am just outside of a 4g area.....although I venture into that area fairly often. I use a lot of wifi. If it makes any difference I have no signal issues whatsoever....so Im not searching for signal ever.