Battery Life Fix!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth I get 12-14 hours out of my phone syncing G+, Gmail, Exchange, GPS on, NFC on, bluetooth on in car, and medium usage patterns. During the day I receive a ton of email etc.

I have the extended battery and haven't disabled anything, I also have no data problem including the outages. How many of you guys with horrible battery life have factory reset them? (I assume most)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just go to the mobile site?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sure, but as with most mobile site versions, it's lacking. If mobile sites were sufficient, applications need not exist. Personally, I prefer applications most times over any mobile site. I'm sure the mobile sites are satisfactory to some others. God bless choices :)

*customized tapatalk signature*

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Google+ is killing your battery unless you are uploading pictures on 3g/4g. What I have noticed is it uploads more than just photos. I now have all the sample Beautiful Widget preview images uploaded for some reason. The phone is less than a week old. Your battery will improve each day just by virtue of conditioning the battery. Give it a couple weeks and see if people are still complaining about battery life. Same thing happened with the fascinate and eventually those posts tapered off as battery life got pretty good.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Google+ is killing your battery unless you are uploading pictures on 3g/4g. What I have noticed is it uploads more than just photos. I now have all the sample Beautiful Widget preview images uploaded for some reason. The phone is less than a week old. Your battery will improve each day just by virtue of conditioning the battery. Give it a couple weeks and see if people are still complaining about battery life. Same thing happened with the fascinate and eventually those posts tapered off as battery life got pretty good.

You're probably right. I looked at the G+ stats in my data usage and it has used 33KB of data since I got the phone (because I don't use G+). And the app itself isn't even in my battery stats.

However, it could be that the G+ app is interacting with the OS in some wonky way that is preventing the phone from sleeping. If disabling the app works, then my money is on this explanation.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if my battery loss is due to my signal going crazy in my house. I experience at least a 5% signal loss around here. And I do live in excellent coverage. Maybe I should exchange my phone.... My head hurts.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be making a difference on my handset. If you look at the discharge detail, my phone was awake all morning. I made this change around 2 hours ago, and since then, it has barely been awake. At that time I had about 2:30 battery time and 1:55 awake time. I now have 3:30 battery time and 2:29 awake time.

So far so good!

Reactions: superbleester

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I hardly use G+, so I'm going to uninstall the updates and then disable it from starting when the phone starts. Let's see how it does.

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be making a difference on my handset. If you look at the discharge detail, my phone was awake all morning. I made this change around 2 hours ago, and since then, it has barely been awake. At that time I had about 2:30 battery time and 1:55 awake time. I now have 3:30 battery time and 2:29 awake time.

So far so good!

I have noticed similar stats, but I kind of think that I am seeing mire of a difference as verizon 3g was down this am causing excessive searching for signal losses.

Makes more sense that those with plus issues have auto upload on....

Turning plus back on, to see.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had 3G all morning, Jeff, so that's not it.

Also, after the guys here released their article noticing that the Verizon Nexus had long "awake" times, I looked at my own phone (this was last evening). I don't remember the numbers precisely, but it was something like 7:45 battery time, 7:01 awake time! (And oh yeah, I was down to like 5%) And that was before the outage. So...

EDIT: also, there could be more than one issue. Background data for G+ could be draining the battery. It could also be keeping the OS awake. The "bug" with the Verizon Nexus is that it isn't sleeping much. These could be separate issues (G+ drains the battery when background data is on AND there is a bug in the OS), or it could be the same issue (G+ keeps the OS awake for some reason). What I am seeing is evidence of the latter - disabling G+ has caused the OS on my handset to sleep more.

Last edited:

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
After disabling, I rebooted and went to see if the app was still disabled (G+), I don't see it listed? Am I missing something? I am in SETTINGS|APPS|ALL

Thanks.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I still use G+, but I did disable background data yesterday. I haven't seen a change either way in battery life. I really think I'll have to evaluate battery life in a couple of weeks or so. I simply just use the device all day long, and cannot accurately judge battery life while still so excited to play with it constantly.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais