Battery life issues on S9 Plus

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Recently "upgraded" to the S9 plus on T-Mobile from the LG V30. I'm having horrible battery life. I'm currently on Pie if that makes a difference, which it came loaded with. I didn't update to it. I'm really bummed about this because the battery on my V30 literally lasts me all day and still have 15-30% when I wake up at 5AM and go to bed at 1030 at night. I find myself having to charge the S9 twice a day even on power saving mode, medium resolution and lowered brightness. If I have to do all that, I might as well just keep my V30 as I don't have to do that with it. There are battery cases like the Zerolemon, but I'd rather not go that route as the S9 Plus is already huge and awkward enough.

Anybody have any suggestions? Because it's bad enough to the point where I'm considering just returning it.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Use the in built Device Maintenance app to clear up junk files and essentially refresh your phone from time to time...it should also pick up any apps that crash or use too much battery and alert you to the problem. Hidden ads could also be a problem.

Reviews say the S9+’s battery life is nothing special but solid (all day), so it’s probably not an issue with Samsung itself

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the standard S9 and had really poor battery life too. I was about to return the phone to Best Buy and decided to do a NEW, factory clean reset. Did not copy any files or backups from my old phone. The battery life has seriously double on SOT time. I can go easily 16 hours with heavy usage and 1.5 days light. So, the plus should be doing way better I would assume..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike