battery life killed by android os level

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So my phone lately has been getting even more crappy life than usual. The android OS is taking like 41-50 perfect of the battery.it never did that before. What the heck can I do to improve. I been getting only about 7 hrs on a charge if i don't even use it otherwise its even crappier. Help!!!!!

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
display is 84% on mine, the rest small percentages. try watchdog to get notices about which services use the processor a lot. if it's like mine used to be, the htc logger utility was acting up until i opted out.. this was a while ago before the htc patch though.

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue that makes me miss my iphone. I tried to drain all the energy off of my battery so I could recharge fully but once it hits 1% level it took me half an hour to drain the rest by keep rebooting the phone after that it charged 8hrs and yet battery life wasnt any better. One more thing car chargers; it took half an hour to charge the battery from 74% to 86% (while screen is turned off)... I love my evo 3D but the its battery SUCKS. :(

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you could use the 4000mAH. I tried going back to the slim, but couldn't do it. Wish they had an even bigger one.

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get your 4000mAH I looked up online there are so many of them.. cheap and expensive ones....

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So my phone lately has been getting even more crappy life than usual. The android OS is taking like 41-50 perfect of the battery.it never did that before. What the heck can I do to improve. I been getting only about 7 hrs on a charge if i don't even use it otherwise its even crappier. Help!!!!!

I have had the same issue off and on since the last update (security fix for internet access). "Android OS" shows as the top user of the battery on the bar chart when it is normally less than 5%. I have not been able to figure out if it is some specific app or something else. Usually I can get it back to more "normal", with Display using most of the battery, by doing a "restart" of my phone. A battery pull has also done the trick. The problem is the issue keeps coming back every few days.

I have Watchdog Lite installed as suggested by another post, but have not come up with anything obvious from that yet although one time when I had the issue it reported "HTC IQAgent" as using > 30% of the CPU for an extended period.

bkcrown

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue off and on since the last update (security fix for internet access). "Android OS" shows as the top user of the battery on the bar chart when it is normally less than 5%. I have not been able to figure out if it is some specific app or something else. Usually I can get it back to more "normal", with Display using most of the battery, by doing a "restart" of my phone. A battery pull has also done the trick. The problem is the issue keeps coming back every few days.

I have Watchdog Lite installed as suggested by another post, but have not come up with anything obvious from that yet although one time when I had the issue it reported "HTC IQAgent" as using > 30% of the CPU for an extended period.
Same issue for Evo 4G. ARgh. Multiple restarts, use of juice defender to disable apps plus Watchdog lite. My issue dramatically accelerated after installing Google music. Since...removed music.:mad:

Reactions: LTrane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN