Battery life

naes

May 31, 2011
Visit site
sigh... after an hour and 45 minutes my iphone would drop by 20+% in battery life.. =\ i need this phone already! lol

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Or u haven't turned off the simple stuff like sync disable vibration and u can also disable apps that u don't use to there a link somewhere if I find ill try my best to post for u

iTz Young Amazed

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the Samsung galaxy S3 phone and start an hour and a half I am down like 75%.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

Are you using it during this time? Some people are having massive drain with no use due to bad network signal. extra apps shouldn't matter unless youre actively using them or they are set to auto update frequently. Many free apps are set to do that by default so check setting menus. Anything with notifications also can be a drain.

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
All I did was turn off s voice and the motion stuff as they both annoy me... worst life so far is 18 hours, which was heavy use... I can go almost 30 hours without much effort...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I did my first test since LG8 update. After a fully saturated charge to 100% I left the phone alone for exactly 4 hours and it dropped to 99 %. This was with the following settings turned ON:
WiFi, screen rotation, mobile data, powersave, sync
Network signal 2 bars

Ironically, earlier I had noticed what seemed like heavier than normal drain and after running OS Monitor realized Android Central app was constantly chugging at around 2-5% CPU regardless of settings. The only way I could stop it was to kill the process. Uninstalled.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have only CMDA, power saving on, etc... Before upgrade, I got 30 hours, after the LG8 update, I get about 10.

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
All I did was turn off s voice and the motion stuff as they both annoy me... worst life so far is 18 hours, which was heavy use... I can go almost 30 hours without much effort...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

So my wife now has a white gs3 and I turned off the motion stuff and s voice and her battery life is mirroring my own... she makes no effort to save battery at all... love this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Before the LG8 update, I could unplug my phone beween 7-8am and it would last me until 12am without a problem. I would normally drain at about 3-4% an hour with moderate-heavy usage. Now in a half an hour I've lost 8% by checking Facebook and answering 2 text messages. I was only on Facebook for maybe 5 minutes?? I want my awesome battery life back!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I have everything disabled that I can...I only turn on WiFi when I'm using it other than that it stays off along with Mobile Data, Sync, blah blah blah. I also deleted a bunch of apps that I thought might be running in the background and still no luck. I though about just doing a factory reset and installing 1 app at a time to see if I could find anything else that could be contributing to my now awful battery life.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
So...McPlot had great battery life AFTER LG8, and jaleesag88 had terrible battery life AFTER LG8?

This doesn't make sense...

This brings up a good point. I think the update addressed some issues, but most battery drain is probably still dependent mostly on the many factors and conditions unique to each user's scenario. And these can change daily. Location, network, weather, CPU load, settings, etc. The list is long. This is why comparing battery life with others is more maddening than useful. Unless they are following you for the day and replicating every move and every use of the phone, it's a case of apples and oranges. A home pc has wild swings in power consumption but no one notices because it's plugged in. Adding radio signal strength x 5 radios makes power use extremely variable for a handset which is often on the move. I'm not dismissing anyone's frustration, just trying to give perspective on all the variability folks are encountering.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Trunkmonkey,

Very valid point regarding battery life. I certainly agree that everyone will have different experiences based on their useage profile. I also agree that we shouldn't have to turn off every little thing in the phone to eek out a legit days use. I found on my Epic 4G Touch and now my S3 that I can make it through a day with what I deem to be normal use. Obviously with the S3, I see more battery at the end of the day, but both were acceptable.

I think the biggest culprit for a lot of people is their phone radio. I dont think a couple of apps or widgets are going to make this massive dent. Outside of radio I'd imagine screen on time is going to be the second biggest component. I leave bluetooth, wifi and GPS on all day and their total impact on my phone is nothing. GSam battery monitor tells me I'm averaging about 1day and 8 hours on a charge (although this is only a few day sample).

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, after my phone decided to die, I let it charge to 100% cleared the cache and power cycled it. It's now at 15hrs and it is at 57%. I left it unplugged last night since it was fully charged before I went to bed and I decided to play around on it. But so far, a huge improvement since my little rant yesterday!

On another note, has anyone figured out how to sync your Facebook photos to the gallery on the s3? I keep getting a "sync is experiencing issues...blah blah blah" every time I try to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers