Battery Life

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The couple reviews Ive read they mentioned the battery life not being good. Pretty much used to that with smartphones though as I take a spare battery if I think I will need it.

ima757

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Its a given with any smart phone running 3G and a big screen that you're not going to have the best battery life out there. It would be nice if they did come out with an extended life battery in the future.

jones4campn

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My first day of use was terrible - battery was gone by noon, even after full night charge. Day two seemed to be better, though, so I'm going to try the 3 battery cycle thing before really worrying. The battery indicator in status bar is definitely not matching up with actual use according to stats, however...

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Check out battery indicator app on the market. It runs in your notification bar. The default battery status image is not useful.

I'm going to give it a few cycles as well. Right now I don't want to put this phone down. I'm not sure what to do about the screen eating up battery. I've got my brightness all the way down. Screen still looks great but consuming most of the battery.

cgirl28

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Not Good

I unplugged my phone around 7hrs. ago and really haven't used it much. I'm down to 35%, though the indicator says 50%. I didn't think anything could get worse than the G1 battery life. Wow. :( Might have to invest in a spare battery.

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
GPS and Bluetooth turned off, WiFi turned on, auto-brightness.

I tend to get about 30 hours out of the battery from completely full to completely empty. The Display accounts for about 40% of the usage (probably because I read a lot on it).

It's not as good as the ten days I used to get on the Motorola V195 (I'll be charging this one every night), but I'm not concerned about jumping from charger to charger.

I used the Google Maps Navigator yesterday (while simultaneously using Audible) and it started burning through the battery, though.

I am somewhat concerned that the compass process (/system/bin/sensorserver_yamaha) is constantly pegged at 7% CPU usage even though it shouldn't be in use. Might be something to look into...

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
If I can get a day on a full charge then I'm happy. Right now I'm getting close to 16 to 18 hours on a full charge. This its with wifi, gps and screen taking 52% of battery. I'm not using the accounts sync for facebook or twitter.I'm also using auto brightness.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Task killers can do that but beware. Often those apps are running for a reason. I don't use one. Turn of gps, bluetooth and don't use the account sync for facebook or twitter. I use dedicated apps for twitter and facebook updates. Use the network data for gps.

rocketragz

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Battery is def an issue. Im about 56% after 3 hours of steady pretty much nonstop browser use. No phone calls and a few texts. Have brightness on both screen and browser as low as they go. Wifi, gps, and bluetooth turned off. Using 3g. No feed programs or widgets.

Im trying a few things to see if I can improve life. Im cycling the battery as much as possible. Last night I was able to drain dead and charge full for first time. Will do that a few more times. I installed atk and juice defender.

Cant think of anything else?...

rocketragz

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
^ Battery 100% at 7:30am, dead at 2:30pm.

steady browser use for 7 hours. Doesn't seem horrible, but not great either.

had live wallpaper on..

Comments?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laeahkora