Battery Life

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm a noob when it comes to android phones (having had an iphone for the last 5 or so years) but I thought I would chime in as well.

So yesterday I drained the battery and then charged it all the way to 100% (USB charging takes FOREVER. damn!) and my results are...

16% from full charge over the course of 16h 2m of moderate to heavy usage.

TURNED OFF
- Auto Brightness was turned off and brightness reduced to just where the circle touches the left edge
- WiFi Scan Continuously was turned OFF
- WiFi Stay On Even When Sleep Mode
- Sounds when typing were turned OFF
- Vibrate when typing was turned OFF
- Removed the Sync Interval on the two email accounts I have with the stock email app (this app could really use some improvement for account handling)
- Sleep mode was set to 2 minutes

Now granted I am using Phase Beam Live Wallpaper (This thing looks damn cool. I know its a noob magnet feature but I'm a noob so there).

I was also using (over my wifi) facebook, twitter, POF, email client, surfing the web a bit, installing apps when the phone wasn't plugged in, using Textra fairly heavily, tested out watching a couple of minutes on a MP4 with the MX Player app. Etc. I would say pretty moderate to heavy use for the first day.

Overall I wasn't impressed but I also wasn't disappointed. Sure it would be great to have a battery that never runs out of power but realistically, with as light and slim as this phone is, it works as intended. I will be getting myself an orb for this phone though as soon as I learn more about them and find a decently priced one.

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's an update...day three. Pretty heavy usage on WiFi.
myha9use.jpg
zevu7a3y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My battery was bad the first day or so, was going down at roughly 10% per hour. I did a factory reset and now it's much better. 44% left after almost 13 hours with 2 1/2 hours on screen time. Haven't enabled ART yet but will try that next.

I remember getting a software update right out of the box before even setting up the phone, I wonder if this affected my battery performance. Since the reset its behaving as I would expect.

Posted via Android Central App

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My battery was bad the first day or so, was going down at roughly 10% per hour. I did a factory reset and now it's much better. 44% left after almost 13 hours with 2 1/2 hours on screen time. Haven't enabled ART yet but will try that next.

I remember getting a software update right out of the box before even setting up the phone, I wonder if this affected my battery performance. Since the reset its behaving as I would expect.

Doubt it, I got the software update as well right out of the box and I've had good battery life since day 1 (relatively speaking I guess).

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Same here, factory reset fixed battery and signal issues.

fauxreal

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting amazing battery numbers but forgot to take screenshots, i drained to 0% then fully charged back up once. this is second day of usage. Up for 25 hoursish, 11% with 41% screen time on for 2 hour 38minute. i left my phone on when I went to bed, no airplane mode, everything is on normal. phone idle was 8%. ive noticed it literally barely uses anything when its idling. Moderate usage, i was on facebook and instagram a lot, bit of chrome, and handful of photos

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow first full day with Franco kernel! This is the best I got so far since i got the phone. I believe my battery could've been better if I was in a area with decent signal (AT&t) Getting only 1 or 2 bars all day.
Screenshot_2013-11-11-11-34-39.jpgScreenshot_2013-11-11-11-34-47.jpg

PallyBud

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty good so far. I usually get about 4-5 hours on screen time in a single charge.

Attachments

• 1384298572664.jpg
    1384298572664.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1384298591328.jpg
    1384298591328.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 1384298602889.jpg
    1384298602889.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 55

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I do. To me there's no point in cutting into the battery life by leaving it active when I'm not interacting with the phone. Been doing it that was since my 2nd-generation Nexus S.

you put it in airplane mode every night? that's crazy. why not just put it on the charger? and what if God forbid someone has to contact you in an emergency?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's been hard to get a read on my battery life because my work has abysmal cell coverage in most of the building, BUT it has site-wide wifi which I'm on. Yesterday, the cell standby process was over 50% because I was in a basement. Today I was near windows but on wifi and I'm now at 10% after only 11-1/2 hours with 2-1/2 hours screen on time. With my Nexus 4 running Faux's kernel and UV'ed, I was walking out of work with over 40% left in the tank.

I keep my brightness set manually to 15-20%