Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
by6e4a4e.jpg
ymehaseg.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Wow. How are you getting those numbers? I believe the reason why I am getting horrible battery life is cause of my low signal. Today I was in area all day which had pretty decent cellular signal and I got 2 hours of screen time and I still have 55% left. This is the best I got so far since getting the phone this past Monday. I didnt make any changes to the setting. Look like when I am at work and home the phone is always trying to look for signal and thats what causing the battery to drain like crazy.

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't look horrible for a Nexus phone and definitely improved over my Nexus 4. I'm spoiled with my Note 3 though, love this large battery.

lucasvictor

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow. How are you getting those numbers? I believe the reason why I am getting horrible battery life is cause of my low signal. Today I was in area all day which had pretty decent cellular signal and I got 2 hours of screen time and I still have 55% left. This is the best I got so far since getting the phone this past Monday. I didnt make any changes to the setting. Look like when I am at work and home the phone is always trying to look for signal and thats what causing the battery to drain like crazy.

Correct me if i am wrong but he seems to have several charging cycles in those stats.

- - - Updated - - -

I must have a gem. Here's day two battery life and screen on time. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/bemy4aty.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/ubynyhyd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

now that is truly impressive..i wonder what is different. are you T-MO?

lucasvictor

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Good luck.. I wish there was a snapshot of all the settings that one person could share with others. There are just too many variables to truly judge what the difference is between two similar phones on the same OS version.

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing. After turning off auto brightness, my batter is doing much better. After around 9 hours i will be at or around 75% with around 1 hour of screen time. Maybe this isn't great for some, but it is much better than I could get with my Nexus 4.

Around where are you putting your brightness at if you don't mind me asking?

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just another data point with screenshots. The first few days with the phone I was using it heavily but yesterday (Friday) and today (Saturday) is more typical for me; light use. btw when I had the Nexus 4 I thought Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app was pretty useful, so it's one of the first things I installed when I got the Nexus 5.

Screenshot_2013-11-09-21-22-52.jpg Screenshot_2013-11-09-21-23-01.jpg Screenshot_2013-11-09-21-23-14.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot, I go into airplane mode overnight (flatline in the middle of the graph).

I'm nearly at the end of Day 2 with about 1/3 battery life left. That's similar to my N4 experience, although I do remember going 4 full days once.

- Jim in Austin, TX

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So far, standby doesn't seem very good compared to my prior S3. I have screen brightness at about 40%, location on (GPS off), bluetooth on, wifi on, LTE on. Just the phone sitting around with occasional checking of texts, email, it loses about 5%/hr. My S3 with similar settings was anywhere from 1-3% per hour. Of course, the phone is new so I'll keep seeing how it does over the next few days. My Lumia 520, by comparison, with 4G, bluetooth, wifi on, medium brightness loses 1-2% on standby per hour. Granted, it's a smaller screen (but my screen time is low on the Nexus for the time I've been checking).

I just realized that I had NFC on, where I had it turned off on the S3. I'll turn it off and see how much of a difference it makes.

Update:

I turned NFC off, restarted the phone, and today, the standby time seemed to improve markedly. 89% after 9 1/2 hrs. I checked some emails and texts, used some apps. I tend to be a light user while at home, as I prefer using my computer for websurfing, composing email.

Last edited:

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is such an arbitrary subject. Soooo many factors come into play. Reception(signal strength), what you're actually doing when screen is on, amount of emails and accounts, apps, auto backups on box, drive, dropbox, etc. It's very hard to compare IMO.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i really hate a bright screen - it hurts my eyes! i set mine all the way down because i prefer it that way. and it's still plenty bright for me! i set it where the side edge of the circle lines up with the edge of the line.

2013-11-10 10.38.23.jpg

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I was putting it around 10 percent. Today I am trying out an app called lux for handling auto brightness. So far its been pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i really hate a bright screen - it hurts my eyes! i set mine all the way down because i prefer it that way. and it's still plenty bright for me! i set it where the side edge of the circle lines up with the edge of the line.

View attachment 90996
Gekko,

How the hell do you take screenshots with the N5? I tried the vol down + power button but I don't ever get it to actually work.. am I just not holding it down long enough?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Gekko,

How the hell do you take screenshots with the N5? I tried the vol down + power button but I don't ever get it to actually work.. am I just not holding it down long enough?

Yes. Power & volume down at the same time. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards