Battery Life

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
4 hrs of video playback is quite good. What movie lasts over that? For doing everything else i'm sure this will get great battery life.

Mxh 5891

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the Tab get like 6 hours video playback, and the Xoom like 10? I just think this tablet would have been perfect it it just increased its battery life more.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no doubt more is always better, but again no movies are 4 hours or longer. Most will not be watching back to back without having a charger with them. It also is to be seen if we can interchange these batteries. Since the rear plate does come off.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I missed that spec.I have read every article on the flyer and I have only seen the 4 hour thing mentioned in comments but no hard facts. Please post a link because thats pretty weak performance.

The tab actually gets more like 8 hours of video playback. I watched 3 full length movies on a flight back from London.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I missed that spec.I have read every article on the flyer and I have only seen the 4 hour thing mentioned in comments but no hard facts. Please post a link because thats pretty weak performance.

The tab actually gets more like 8 hours of video playback. I watched 3 full length movies on a flight back from London.

Did you do any research? It was in just about every article from numerous sites. But both the Galaxy Tab and the Flyer have a 4000mAh battery.

HTC - Products - HTC FLYER - Specification

Last edited:

Walkamo

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody else not like the fact that battery life is only up to 4 hours video playback?

I had my flyer playing back HD video for over 7 hours today at my desk. Headphones were connected and brightness was set to little bit more than half way.

I had wifi turned off...

I am very happy with my Flyer. It fits perfectly in a suit jacket pocket, the screen is great looking and the installed polaris office viewer is the best powerpoint viewer I have used..

Walkamo

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite impressed with my battery life. I was at 30% last night and that was 34 hours since my first charge. Now granted 16 hours of that time it was just sitting there but, that's pretty good to me. This was mainly web browsing, you tube, and installing some apps.