Beginning of May is NOT Early 2Q

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, guys, we've been duped. Sprint has taken an explosive stinky diarrhea **** right on their customer's faces yet again. I don't even know why they hold these empty promises when they know that they can't follow through. Hell, Sprint can't even get their website to function correctly after almost a full week of renovations. They will never be number 1 - because of **** like this. Dan Hesse can eat a **** all day - I hate you Sprint.

(rant)

sprintnerd

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
What i would like to know is why does everyone hate the samsung moment ? Know body whats to make any after market batteries or anything for that matters. This phone is a great phone I don't get it! Sprints marketing sucks!!!!!!!!

(RANT)

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Wow! 2Q is from April 1st to June 30th, soooo, that means beginning of May is still early 2Q, or if you want to get technical I guess, you could say early to mid2Q, but mi is the 15th. Again, what is so important about this update that its a must have, why does everybody think they can't live without it. Everyone complaining about waiting obviously liked the phone when they got it, if you didn't, you had 30 days to trade it for something else, as sprintnerd said its a great phone!
Now, I do agree with sprintnerd, there is definately not enough accesories for the moment and for the most part you can't find them in a Sprint store. That, I can agree with. Sprint is doing a horrible job of that, if indeed it is Sprint and not Samsung.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Um, I just want Sprint to follow through with what they promised - and they seem to have a really hard time doing so. I understand that they want to find all the bugs and squash em, and trust me, I want them to make sure they do the best they can at that. And I know they really aren't that far off schedule, but to me, it just FEELS like a delay.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
i just switched from att 3 months ago not for the android system but because of the price of their plans. i love my moment and would not even care if 2.1 gets released...i got it for the screen size and resolution for watching sling box and internet. only had a few small problems with my phone at first but as i learned to use my moment they all went away. if people really are unhappy with the moment why didnt they switch to verizon or t mobile within the 30 days instead of waiting for something that still has no official release date. it seems like everyone who's complaing about 2.1 release is the same people who are on here hacking their phones. they dont want 2.1 update. they want 2.1 to take it apart and add hacks and mods to it. i see the same people on here and on sdx forums talking about the same thing.

with the new moment and EVO coming out they just might not release it until then.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Well its appeared to me that almost every single cell phone provider has had 2.1 delayed for their phones. Verizon was suppose to release it on the Droid a long time before they actually did, and that was a much smaller update(not all way from 1.5 like Moment). So sprint isn't like its alone in this issue. Also with any software, its pretty much impossible to predict an exact date given no one has any clue how long bug issues will be found. So yes, I really want my 2.1, and I am really really really wanting it asap. But at same time, I'm not gonna get too mad at Sprint, for what is a problem for all providers.

Plus don't we get mad if they are quiet and don't mention the update? If they never gave us a date, or confirmed that it was even going to get released, we would be furious wondering what is going on. Then they give info and we get all mad again if it isn't perfect? I'm not trying to say I am not disappointed to wait either, but I just want to put it in better perspective than just being mad at Sprint and feeling they are such a **** company for a problem that occurs with pretty much all providers.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
so who really puts out the update? google? sprint? samsung? android system? who fixes the bugs?]

what is 2.1 ........ a firmware update or android system update?

ziaodix

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Google puts out the actual OS Android 2.1, but the phone manufacturer has to make sure it'll operate on the phone hardware followed by the carrier making sure all their bloatware runs on it smoothly. I believe that's how the sh*t rolls down the hill anyway.

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
What i would like to know is why does everyone hate the samsung moment ? Know body whats to make any after market batteries or anything for that matters. This phone is a great phone I don't get it! Sprints marketing sucks!!!!!!!!

(RANT)

I don't understand why people hate the moment either. Blows my 8330 away.
Also, I don't know if you watch NASCAR, but the moment is the phone they are pushing in the Sprint Cup Mobile commercials & on top of the race winners car.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Before you take a dump on sprint about not following through with promises...
Most companys call March 1st (or thereabouts) the beginning of the year (since generally their calendar is the fiscal calendar). Therefore, we are still in Q1. Q2 would start June 1. As such Sprint hasn't fallen short of their promise... yet.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
they were not talking about the fiscal year when they made the original announcement.... but yeah, just keep telling yourself that justifying Sprint it's not going to get you anywhere

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When speaking about quarters you can almost always be assured that they were talking about the fiscal year. But Im not really trying to justify them, I just think it's a little early to be calling them out on that just yet.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you want 2.1 and are a newb afraid of bricking your phone follow this guys 3 video "how to" on installing the update. He is very thorough, sends you an auto-responder email with the links you need and gives DETAILED instructions on installing 2.1 eezy peezy. I am doing it tonight on my wifes phone when she gets home. I will not respond here with the results unless someone specifically asks for it. The way the forums work someone may have covered this already and I am beating a dead horse. All I know is I have been searching for a easy detailed way to do this and he is the first person who gave me the "EASY" version that made me feel comfortable in doing this. Again if this has been covered here sorry for the redundancy, not trying to be a hero just trying to help disseminate the info to make it easier for other newbs like me to find.

YouTube - rodaniell's Channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk