Best Backup/Restore? [non-root]

TonyDonuts

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I just got lollipop and the charging time is now very long and annoying. It looks like some people have had luck improving this issue by doing a factory reset, something I'm probably overdue to do.

Question - on a non-rooted LG G2 (Verizon), what's the best way to backup and then restore things to my phone after I've done a factory reset? I know I could just go back to Google Play and the Amazon marketplace an pull the apps back down, but I'd love to find a better way than spending hours sorting through apps, selecting what to download and reconfiguring - is there a better way?

bcantana

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have used MyBackup Pro, but it still did not get all of my app data (my son was mad that I lost all this Angry Birds progress) and layout stuff was not retained. Anywhere you can provide your gmail address, Facebook, Google+, etc. to save game/app data for example, that is your best bet.

I'm sure I will have to do an FDR when 5.1 eventually comes out so if there is something better that MyBackupPro, please join in. It DID back up photos, videos, SMS VERY well. I did not lose anything and seemed to uncover some picture folders I must have accidentally hidden and forgot was there.