Best Browser for ICS?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think Google Chrome and Stock are the two best. I use a combo of the both of them and have uninstalled all other browsers, including Dolphin, Opera, Boat, etc.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Chrome baby! Flash is no obsolete. Once you see Google dropping it... Anyway we now have the option to play old flash links with a built in you tube player which is essentially the same thing adobe flash did. The last chrome update for ics made this possible. Before this it was my only gripe, chrome is even more amazing now!

saint satin stain

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
am i the only one happy with the stock browser? there is only one thing i dont like about it, and that is the way it renders pages. it is still fully functional, just looks weird when fully zoomed out, which i usually never do. double tap the text i want to read and it snaps to it and i am good to go.

I tried Chrome. I REALLY like it. it seems slightly faster and smoother than stock, however i dont like how it doesn't have FLASH...there are still some sites i visit that i need flash. and i HATE how the bookmarks are handled. i never know where it will start me off when I go into the bookmarks, sometimes it is right where i want to be (RARE!!), most times i have to go back to the beginning and go through my folders. it gets annoying. And i really miss my quick controls. they are a great thing to have and a very quick way to access anything i want.

they just need to combine the two browsers and i would be super happy. maybe JB will do that.

I tried Chrome and wonder why so many wonderful folk here like it. I use three browsers I list in alphabetical order: Dolphin Mini, SecureWeb( the browser comes with my Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete), and Web (the stock browser). I like them all, no default. The choice comes up when I click a link and I choose one most appropriate. I like simple and these are simple, easy to use, only have what's necessary for their appropriate uses.
Forgive this aside: I discovered I dont need some of the apps I bought when I had a previous Android phone. With ICS the stock Contacts and Dialer, the stock Clock, and a few other features better than ones you may buy. I can do without fluff features.

I like the stock browser; it has not disappointed me. Have I missed something? What browser functions, necessary browser functions and features does the stock lack? The main reason that I have Dolphin Mini the Speed Dial; it replaces some apps I had, but that feature in D Mini replaces. It allowed me to get rid of the IMDb app, the BBC app, Wikipedia app, Merriam Webster Dict. (I still have WordWeb Audio & have Amer. Heritage on Speed Dial), and couple more. Many folk think of bloat the carrier imposed ones. I also get rid of personal bloat when possible.

I am a poet, cultural and political blogger, so my browser choices were guided by how I use my SGH-T769. It is my desktop in my pocket. Hell I still use XP Pro SP3 at home as main, though have Ubuntu, Macs, and Vista. Both XP and SGH-T769 have same amount of ram, and both have more than the computer my dad used for government room size.

So cool out, sit, meditate, and really consider what you REALLY need in a browser (excuse my scream; I'm 70, feel like Buck in the 21st C, and get excited among all this sci fi tech. Global hand held communicators. And I have one. Lawdy!)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz