Best place to buy a case in person

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a case on a phone before, but after using my Note II all day today I think I'm going to get one. I love the phone but for some reason the feel of the back cover is bothering me, it feels too slippery.

I don't want to wait to order one online, so what would be the best place to get one in person. Any idea if Verizon or Sprint or another provider typically has a better selection of cases on hand? Anyone come across cases for Note 2 at BestBuy/Target/Walmart?

Don't need anything special just something to cover the back of it that feels nice.

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
so far everywhere that i have looked doesn't have anything for cases outside of the flip covers from samsung. Your best bet is probably to go the amazon or ebay route. Most of the stores in my area (Omaha, NE) arent even going to get cases in until sometime in mid december or later.

jmob26

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I found the case that I will use from now on. It's the grippy "Shell with Kickstand" case from Verizon. Verizon does sell this one in their stores. This one, unlike similar cases Verizon sells for other smartphones, does not include the holster/belt clip part. I think it's the perfect case for that person who just wants to protect the back and sides from scratches, wants a grippier texture, with minimal additional bulk, and a kickstand for watching videos on this gorgeous 5.5 inch screen. This was also the case I was using on my Rezound before I moved to the Note II.

Link

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No one has cases yet. I called every carrier in the area where I am and called Best Buy too. I tried that case Jmobie is talking about and hated it. I hated the way it felt and Id like to have holster too. Getting the Verizon case off the phone was horrible. I thought Id break the phone lol.

jmob26

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's a good call, byrds8, about getting the case off. I just tried, and the only way that worked was to begin taking it off at the corner near the stylus, since the case has a cutout for the stylus. I can see your points, too. It's not for everyone, I guess. This Seidio Active Case was very tempting after watching this video.

Link

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I thought about getting the Active case for the kickstand but after looking at the video Im not sure Id care for it. I dont think I would like how loose the silicone is around it. I may wait for the Otterbox.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Actually you can find cases locally. I bought one from a t mobile store today. There is no hardware difference in the phones and they released the phone over a month ago. He said it took three weeks before the cases came in after release. Go look at the other carriers if you can't find what you want at Verizon. I too prefer to see stuff in person. Btw I got the Bodyglove. It's a stiff light plastic/rubber composite and fits perfectly. They've been around and I've owned one of their cases before. And there's a 30 day return period.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86