Best thin case for Galaxy Note 4?

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best thin case?

Otterbox has a new thin case (Symmetry Series) for the Note. I have one coming in today. Anxious to get my hands on it. Almost as anxious as I am to get my hands on my new Note 4 (coming tomorrow). :)

I heard about that new case. Let me know how it is. I almost picked up the commuter, but it was too slippery. Defender is just too damn big man.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I heard about that new case. Let me know how it is. I almost picked up the commuter, but it was too slippery. Defender is just too damn big man.

Will do! I always get a Defender for my phones for times when I need extra protection (beach, trail rides, etc.) but I am with you...otherwise they are way too big.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

unfortunately the majority of these will not work for your NOTE 4 if you have it from Verizon. way to screw us verizon. they said the reasoning for moving the microphone on the bottom over slightly was they thought it was a better design for function but that means you have to buy your case from them to get the mic holes to line up right.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Otterbox has a new thin case (Symmetry Series) for the Note. I have one coming in today. Anxious to get my hands on it. Almost as anxious as I am to get my hands on my new Note 4 (coming tomorrow). :)
From what I can see, it's anything but slim...rugged for it's size, yes, but not slim.

Integrion

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I think this is absolutely ridiculously stupid. Why the hell would a cell phone manufacturer allow a carrier to dictate the physical placement of a microphone? Are we to believe that a carrier now somehow knows how to design a cell phone better than Samsung does? What this did is ruin the compatibility of after-market market accessories for consumers. Now you can't buy a case for a Samsung Note 4 without first confirming which carrier the phone is for? That's just plain stupid.

gonzoks

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I second the vote for the Tech21 brand. I have been a die-hard Otterbox supported until I had a chance to check one of these out. The guys at the store were putting their Note 4s in them and tossing them around the room. After getting to look at one, see how good of a fit it was, how tight the case is, the durability and material, reinforcement on the sides, etc, I was sold.

20141106_112110_resized.jpg20141111_113925_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Integrion

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Why the hell would a cell phone manufacturer allow a carrier to dictate the physical placement of a microphone? Are we to believe that a carrier now knows how to design a cell phone better than Samsung does? What this did is ruin the compatibility of after-market market accessories for consumers. Now you can't buy a case for a Samsung Note 4 without first confirming which carrier the phone is for? That's just plain stupid and bad for consumers.

melaski7399

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Does that case cover the top and bottom, or are they exposed? Just curious, I love the case but want all sides covered

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I second the vote for the Tech21 brand. I have been a die-hard Otterbox supported until I had a chance to check one of these out. The guys at the store were putting their Note 4s in them and tossing them around the room. After getting to look at one, see how good of a fit it was, how tight the case is, the durability and material, reinforcement on the sides, etc, I was sold.

View attachment 147558
wont work with the verizon version though huh.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I won't use a thin case. They offer scratch resistants, and nothing more. Well, you can make the phone look pretty too.

I use a 3 piece case. It adds a lip around the screen. When you drop the phone, it lands on that lip protecting the screen. Drop the phone with those thin cases on, it is like not having a case at all.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I won't use a thin case. They offer scratch resistants, and nothing more. Well, you can make the phone look pretty too.

I use a 3 piece case. It adds a lip around the screen. When you drop the phone, it lands on that lip protecting the screen. Drop the phone with those thin cases on, it is like not having a case at all.
Actually the thin cases I've used over the past few years have worked awesome. Usually a TPU thin style that provides a small lip so i can set my phone face down and also covers each corner. I've already dropped my note 4 from waist high in my driveway and it took it like a champ.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's only the Verizon modeled phones that are having the problems with the majority of cases.

As far as a very thin slim case goes, would you be getting a clip holster?

The only slimmest case is the seido, and works best with the seido surface holster, and right now only the black color works with the Verizon phones. Other colors are in the works, as I've been in touch with them over the past few days.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---