BestBuy S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

heatherburks

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea this is crap. Ordered in store on the 22nd a blue ATT model and not a damn thing. I can't even see my order online. CAlled BB and they can see it on their end OK but something about my order number starting with a 33 and not a 11? Doesn't make sense to me. Stopped boy the store and they are all clueless, all I wanted to know is where I'm at on the list because the lady doing my pre order said I'm the 1st in store pre order so I should be good for one on Friday. My question is do the online orders get taken first?

Yeah my local BB was super rude and dismissive. This is the most infuriating thing ever. It's like there is no rhyme or reason! I get it if things sell out, I do. But all this lack of info and things getting fulfilled ordered later is crazy. Because again super glad they are getting their phone, but I ordered the same one and carrier and I was basically told I'm not getting it. And I have 0 calls about my other 3 either.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol they told me also that I'm the first when I did my unlocked pre-order. Not sure if that's there standard statement for everyone

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I understand everyone's frustrations. They certainly don't have a clue but that's not on the employees it's on whoever is in charge of relaying correct information to them.

All I know is my store received (6) of my phones in and I have a copy of my order confirmation with the manager's writing on it showing that I am the first preorder. So I don't care if I get a call I'm going in tomorrow.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know in case best buy email me tomorrow Can I just go get the phone? Or Best buy mobile have to open and activate the phone?

I just want to open it myself.

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Went into the store and talked to I think the manager of Mobile. He was being very vague and careful in his wording. I ordered on 21st for instore pickup for Blue. I grilled him on my order. Supposedly this store doesn't do appointments. You just get an email when it's ready to pick up. I asked him if people who did instore pickups were already sent emails from this store to pickup for tomorrow. He said yes. I said well where's mine?! Basically it was the phone may be there and hasn't been tagged for my order yet, the phone may not have arrived there yet, they are getting another shipment tonight, and they will be tagging more phones after 9pm tonight. I'm not hopeful at this point I'll be getting my phone even though my order still says Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow..

angileri

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on the West Coast, no e-mail that I can pick it up tomorrow, no voicemail that they have my phone. But my order says it is ready to be picked up tomorrow.

If I don't get any notifications, do I just walk into BB tomorrow at 10am and ask for my phone?

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
They may or may not have it. Worth a try. I have a feeling they're not getting all the pre-orders in on time for the 8th... :(

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
had to call them and finally got through geek squad... thanks for the tip...so they checked the list and i was on it... they said they were starting to call people now and i was towards the bottom lol... they said since i was on the phone no need to call me and schedule me for an appointment right now... so i got an appointment for tomorrow! didnt receive an email and my bestbuy account online hasnt updated but the manager made an appointment for me so im a assume im good

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
had to call them and finally got through geek squad... thanks for the tip...so they checked the list and i was on it... they said they were starting to call people now and i was towards the bottom lol... they said since i was on the phone no need to call me and schedule me for an appointment right now... so i got an appointment for tomorrow! didnt receive an email and my bestbuy account online hasnt updated but the manager made an appointment for me so im a assume im good

Yay! At least some of you guys will have your new toy tomorrow :)

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I never received a call today, but both of my phones say preparing for pickup tomorrow. Called the store tonight and was able to schedule pick-up for noon tomorrow. Hope it works, but don't mind waiting if it ends up being a wasted trip.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so! Even if you ultimately get your phone on the release date, it's always a big stress mess and really vague info with Best Buy. Hopefully more people will learn like I did and go elsewhere for phone pre-orders.

My proof? I'm typing this on my S10 that I got yesterday. Best Buy blows.

With that being said, I wish every single one of you luck! I really hope you get your phones in time for the weekend because it's incredible!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn it my backup S10e Samsung order that I placed today processed and unable to cancel now even though it said ships by 12th. Apparently going to ship tonight and I'll be receiving it on Monday. At least I have that coming

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine changed from pre ordered to preparing. I called the store and asked what was up and gave the girl my order number and she said it’s ready to go for tomorrow I can be there when they open. She said it will stay stuck on preparing because I added the Best Buy geek squad protection or something ?

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
So I just stopped at my BB and this store must be the odd ball of the family. They DON'T do appointments and it's first come first serve for the pre orders. The truck is supposed to get here still tonight and he said I'd be fine still getting it tomorrow. Just crazy how it seems each store is a little different. So you can bet you bottom I'll be there at 945 waiting!

avaliyil

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site
I just dropped by at my local BB store where i had ordered. Apparently they didnt get ANY white ones; only the black, blue, and the pinks. Crazy!

Some come in tomorrow, but no guarantees

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yay! At least some of you guys will have your new toy tomorrow :)

yep i was getting worried for a second... i wanted this thing bad on release day its only tradition... had the s7, s8 and now s10 on release day... but more importantly its my birthday weekend and i just wanted this phone for my birthday..ordered me the white dome glass too... hopefully the installation is smooth lol

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy dropping the ball is disappointing, but wait until hundreds of people start writing complaints about Samsung.com trade-ins being denied

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans