Bestbuy vs VerizonWireless

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
.... Get your upgrade date moved. There should be no reason why you should buy any phone at full price if your upgrade is coming up so soon. Come on man, use your brain lol

When I called...they told me that on the new 4g phones coming out they can't move the upgrade date in the system...I thought it was some bs and then I called again and got the same answer. -.-

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol I know right...I guess I'll try again and see if they will move it up tomorrow. I have gone through like 6 htc thunderbolt replacements so they should be giving me this damn phone lol

landofthedroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe most retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, etc. require you to sign their own contract as well as Verizon's. It usually doesn't mean much other than having an additional ETF if you cancel within the first 6 months. As you noted though, they often have great prices for older phones (Radio Shack has the Incredible 2 for free with new/renewed contract right now), but newest phones are almost always the same prices everywhere.

Also, I don't know if this applies to you, but if I understand correctly, only Verizon Wireless will let you get an upgrade price with an annual upgrade option, if you still have one of those. For example, I got my last phone on November 18, 2010 (before Verizon discontinued the annual upgrade ~January 16, 2011). Therefore, I am grandfathered into the annual upgrade option and can get the upgrade price for a new phone (might have to pay $20 more though). If I purchased a new phone from Best Buy, Amazon, etc., then I would have to pay the full retail price until my 2-year contract expired on November 18, 2012.

Incidentally, if I wanted to upgrade to something like an Incredible 2 for cheap retailer prices, I would be out of luck. Again, with one-year upgrade option, I can ONLY get upgrade price at Verizon Wireless. That was probably a lot of information that you didn't even ask for! :D
How exactly does that work? I bought the Droid Eris I think a week after it came out, would that be something I would qualify for?

Local_Hero

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I went to two Best Buys, two Verizion stores and two Radio Shacks. Only one guy at one Radio Shack let me hold a GNex on Saturday.

I've never bought a phone from Radio Shack, but this time I just might.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201