Beta still open?

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was considering Jumping my Note 9 on T-Mobile to the S9+ simply so I could check out the Beta. But I dont want to do that if the Beta isnt available anymore. Anyone know if its still open? Or how to check that?

Unrelated - I dont understand why the Beta was made available for some carrier devices on the S9 series. But only for the unlocked Note 9s.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was considering Jumping my Note 9 on T-Mobile to the S9+ simply so I could check out the Beta. But I dont want to do that if the Beta isnt available anymore. Anyone know if its still open? Or how to check that?

Unrelated - I dont understand why the Beta was made available for some carrier devices on the S9 series. But only for the unlocked Note 9s.

No need to jump to the S9+. Beta for Note 9 is now rolling out.

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. But that outlines how to check if its available...if you have the phone. And I dont. Hence the OP.

ETA: Previously, Samsung opens these Betas and then closes them down once a certain number of people have opted in. Thats what I'm trying to find out. Did they close it down already/no longer allowing people to sign up. Or is it available for anyone indefinitely.

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Its rolled out for the unlocked Note 9. Not carrier versions. The S9/S9+ all rolled out together - right? Carrier and unlocked. Which leads me to believe that they wont be rolling it out to the carrier versions of the Note.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Its rolled out for the unlocked Note 9. Not carrier versions. The S9/S9+ all rolled out together - right? Carrier and unlocked. Which leads me to believe that they wont be rolling it out to the carrier versions of the Note.

S9 and S9+ pie beta for U1 unlocked version, T-Mobile and Sprint. No beta for AT&T or Verizon.