Big Red has my blood boiling

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, Big Red has my blood boiling right now. When they announced the end of NE2, they said current contracts wouldn't be affected, right? WRONG. I went to change the messaging plan (increase from 250/month to 500/month) and I noticed that they slipped in a line on the removed section which said "New Every Two multi-tier". So, I promptly canceled the account change and chatted with one of their online reps. The text of the conversation is as follows:

[Note: I misread the initial screen where it prompted me for my name and instead greeted the VZW rep with a "Hey Alex". Therefore, my name throughout the text below appears as "Hey Alex"]

****Begin Transcript****
Please wait for a Chat Representative to respond.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is 'Alex', how may I assist you?

Alex: Good Afternoon! Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I have your mobile number and First and Last name please?

Hey Alex,: [my phone #]

Hey Alex,: Anthony

Alex: I do understand that you are inquiring about your account. I would be happy to help you today . , First, for security purposes, may I please have your billing password?

Hey Alex,: [Password]

Alex: Thanks Anthony.

Alex: How can I help?

Hey Alex,: I was trying to change the text package on the [xxx-xxx-xxxx] line, but when I did, it listed that the NE2 multi tier was also being removed from my account

Hey Alex,: can you tell me if this is some sort of glitch?

Alex: No that is not a glitch.

Alex: We no longer offer the New Every 2.

Hey Alex,: OK, so why does a change in my text plan trigger this?

Alex: Because of the feature no longer being offered

Hey Alex,: That doesn't make any sense.

Hey Alex,: When VZW did away with NE2, it assured customers who were under contract that they wouldn't be affected

Alex: That took effect last month\

Hey Alex,: OK, so why does a change in my text plan affect this at all?

Alex: Because of that being a feature

Hey Alex,: So, if I try to change ANY feature, I would lose NE2?

Alex: Correct

Hey Alex,: So, when you change to tiered data, are you going to pull the same horse ****?

Alex: I am not pulling anything, but if you make any changes the will effect the NE2

Hey Alex,: Oh, but you are. Let me just clarify, I have been a VZW customer for 7 years (maybe more?), I am coming to you wanting to spend $5 more per month, and your response is, "Thank you for the $5, and we are also going to screw you on a feature we told you we wouldn't screw you out of when we announced a change (NE2)". Do I have VZW's official position correct?

Alex: Im sorry that you feel that way.

Hey Alex,: Just tell me if I have it correct

Alex: If you make any changes the NE2 will be rmoved

Alex: *removed

Hey Alex,: Thank you for confirming. Can't wait to post this to the various forums. Just another example of Big Red nickle and diming their clients.

Alex: Do you have any other further questions or concerns I may assist you with?

Hey Alex,: Yeah, can you send me over some blood pressure medication, because you have my blood boiling right now

Alex: Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. We appreciate your business. Please click 'End Chat' button above to end the chat session.

Chat session has been terminated by the Chat Representative.
****End Transcript****

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Verizon is making me more and more dissatisfied. They are pulling so much crap. If I was paying my own bill, I would definitely switch to Sprint. One problem though is that my wife is a flight attendant and is all over the place. I hate the fact that Verizon provides the best coverage because it makes it hard for her to switch.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
The rep is correct. Once you change a item on your plan like this it voids your current contract and you now are subject to any new changes. Stinks.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting way they would do that to you as a customer.. but business as usual for any corporation.

What exactly was the NE2 program? Is that what allowed me to upgrade my phone after 13 or something months with the early upgrade fee? Or was it an additional program I'm not familiar with? I just checked and its still listed as a feature on my plan, but I have only been with Verizon for maybe a year and a half so i never looked into what it was.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that sucks. I haven't made it to my ne2 date for my last two phones and prob won't with my current. Just got to make sure I don't loose my last one year early upgrade!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, VZW is simply doing what all the companies are doing now. The consumer gets screwed no matter your provider.

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I just went onto my VZW wireless account and noticed my NE2 diappeared. i share an account with my parents and checked what their numbers said and a small grey cloud below the amount of time remaining for their's said "you will be eligible for a discount 4/12"

I assume that is the ne2 now. But I can't figure out why my NE2 is gone when I havn't made any account changes since dec. It does not say I have any type of discount.....

Anyone?? Should I call verizon?