Bill to carrier option in Google Play.

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm curious about the new update from MP to GP. Have they removed the bill to carrier option?

I completed the update yesterday and when I tried to download an app I selected "bill to at&t" but i kept getting an error and wouldn't let me purchase it.

What I did today was clear data and cache from the app and when I restarted GP the option to bill carrier was gone all together and only "add card" remained.

I'm using a GS2 Skyrocket.

Thanks in advance!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on CM 7.2 and my option to bill Sprint is still there. Mine updated like normal and haven't had a problem yet. Mine updated just like it was supposed to and hasn't given me any issue. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like some apps are bill to carrierable.... Some are not. Not all my credit cards so up on all the apps either.

Hi Ninja,

I would like to confirm this. Could you give me am example of an app that still gives the "bill to at$t" option?

I tried downloading a .49 cent app and a. $14.99 app and both only had add credit card.

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to do a bit of research and so far it seems that Samsung and HTC devices appear to have been affected by the Google Play update.

I've searched the web for more information and have had friends test out their phones and get the update. LG (p999 t-mo) and Motorola (Atrix 2 - at&t) Androids have had no ill effects so it seems that it isn't carrier specific either. They were able to still bill to carrier.

That's all i've been able to come up with for now.

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello:

After update to Google Play my Skyrocket on AT&T no longer has carrier billing option either. Called AT&T & they say it's Google's update to Google Play that dropped the option because I was able to do & did purchase apps via carrier billing in the Android Market.

Google better fix this before they start losing customers.

Spring.

mrhaddan

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
a couple of days after the switch, I bought one of the 49 cent games and billed to carrier, but today I was going to buy an app and I had the same problem with an error, and did the whole clear cache and it is gone. Well after looking through Google, it said some carriers are not participating in the direct bill anymore and if we want confirmation that we have to get a hold of the carriers.

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
a couple of days after the switch, I bought one of the 49 cent games and billed to carrier, but today I was going to buy an app and I had the same problem with an error, and did the whole clear cache and it is gone. Well after looking through Google, it said some carriers are not participating in the direct bill anymore and if we want confirmation that we have to get a hold of the carriers.

Good to know mrhaddan! Thanks for the update!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicha Jairat