Bionic First Impressions/Reviews

sealevels

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone 11/12 and have been giving myself a few days to get acquainted with it...

I originally used a BB Storm (oh yes, the original that was reviled) that I absolutely loved and didn't think of replacing until it stopped working on me. I went through 5 of them until my brother upgraded and I got his OG Droid. I loved it for the past 4 months and when my time came to upgrade, I really did my research. I didn't want anything too dated - though I really liked the LG Revolution - or anything I didn't think would get ICS. So that basically left me with the Bionic, the upcoming Razr, and the Stratosphere (I liked the keyboard aspect). The S got knocked out due to low internal storage, I waited until the Razr came out and I HATED the width of the phone. I realize that the Bionic is not much slimmer but for some reason it felt HUGE and WIDE to me. I have regular sized female hands and I knew I wasn't going to enjoy this for 2 years. Add the un-removable battery and my bad luck...Razr is out.

So the Bionic it was. :)

Took a little while to activate but once I was out the door, I couldn't stop touching it. The screen had me worried and I actually went to several stores on my way home to check it out. In reality, I like it. It renders colors really well for me and I have no problem reading anything on it, with or without my glasses. The camera could be better but I realize that if I wanted the tank that is a Motorola phone, I'd have to make concessions. Besides, I have a real camera for those things.

Overall, I really like it. Minimal force closes and it's zippy as heck. It does what I need it to. The whine is there when music stops but it doesn't occur when music is on. It shut off on me once but hasn't since. Battery life is eh but I figured I'd lose some juice going to 4G. I knew all of the Bionic's flaws going into it and I'm not sorry I picked this phone. The Nexus does not interest me at all. I will be happy with this for 2 years, I'm sure. I have no clue why there's so much hate for this phone...I guess I love the phones that are reviled to an extent. :p

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase. It is quite a phone and with the update coming soon it will make the experience even better.

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Glad you like the Bionic. I agree the Razer looks too wide. The Bionic is already wider than my old Droid X but I've gotten used to it. Overall its a very nice and stylish phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So I checked out the Razr today. Was not as hard to hold as I feared in fact I liked it. However the screen was not as good as the Bionic. While it had great color reproduction, it was not as bright, and on lower brightness settings it had a distinct green color cast which is no doubt due to the RGBG pentile matrix. I like the Bionic better.

miamiracing

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
ordered mine and got it 2 days ago. first android phone I ever had. So far pretty good! Haven't had any problems so far. Wifes phone came with a busted speaker so she had to get a replacement one same day.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just received my bionic purchased used from ebay. The phone though used is pristine. Real easy to activate, just went to Verizon for a free sim card. My contract stays the same and I am still eligible for a new phone in august. I paid $170 for it which is a steal. Bionic is going for $250 to $300 used. I have a HTC incredible that I hope to get $120 to $130 for it, so net cost of bionic will probably be $40 to $50. Not bad.
It is better in every way than my incredible. It is much faster. I like moto blur better than HTC sense. The moto dialer is far better and more user friendly, the gallery is better, and even the moto blur launcher is better. I still don't like the blur launcher, but go launcher is an easy fix. I heard a lot of bad things about the camera but I was happily surprised. The camera is twice as fast as the one for the incredible. The photo quality is just as good. I have no complaints with the camera. It is a solid camera for a phone. The screen has pros and cons, but over all I like it better than the incredible. I like the larger size as it is more pleasurable to browse websites, rss feeds, and general use. The phone is still small enough to fit comfortably in my pocket. The screen is much easier to see outdoors in sunlight. Big bonus there. I can tell it is a pentile display and it is a detraction from the display. It is not bad but a minus. Indoors the incredible has a better display but not outdoors. Given the pros and cons of the screen over all I am happier with the bionic screen than the incredible. It is a better upgrade and not too expensive to do so. I can't complain.

jimdibb

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
901 is available on Droid Life (maybe somewhere here too). My connectivity has been AWESOME since I downloaded/ installed it last night. Not sure why I never got it OTA.