Bionic to GS3?

jgmankos

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok now that it's officially released...I need to decide if I should upgrade my Bionic to the GS3. I like the Bionic...although the battery life does blow, especially when the 4G radio is on.

I already have the Bionic running the ICS rom that was leaked a couple weeks ago, and it's a much better phone with ICS...however I'm wondering if the GS3 will give me better battery life and with 2G ram won't get bogged down as much when multi-tasking? I'm also a fan of the biggest screen I can get in a phone that still fits in my jeans pocket :)

Anyone else go from the Bionic to GS3? Any regrets?

kerrigjl

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I made the jump, no regrets. No random resets, phone is faster, larger screen, thinner body (though I was using extended battery and a kickstand case with the bionic); that said, I hadn't flashed ICS onto the bionic, so I can only compare stock to stock.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch as well. The S3 beats the Bionic in everyway EXCEPT ICS. The MotoBLUR ICS on the Bionic, I think, is much better then TouchWiz. ICS on the Bionic I really liked (.2233 leak). I am actually getting better battery life on the S3 then I was with the Bionic on GB.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am making the switch once my S3 is delivered. I love my Bionic but I want the larger screen. I am actually going to miss "motoblur" a lot but I am going to try Apex or Nova.

Signal strength really worries me though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

harpdoc

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I got a GS3 because it's the last subsidized upgrade I'll ever get through Verizon (and keep unlimited data).

Pros of gs3:
Nicer screen (but too big for easy one handed use)
Lighter weight
Battery life seems a bit better

Other than that, in the real world I find no other advantages. With the .232 leak, the Bionic seems just as fast, and this includes gaming so far. The Bionic build quality is better, the radios are at least as good, and it actually feels better in the hand (the sg3 is BIG). It's significantly easier to mirror the screen to HDMI than with the SG3. And I already miss my Lapdoc.

The Bionic is still a great phone with a new lease on life with ics. You ain't missing much other than the latest new device buzz. I'm giving my wife my Bionic, so at least it'll stay in the family. All of that said, I like the SG3 a lot, it's just not that much of an upgrade from the Bionic, which I also like a lot.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The screen in it self is worth the jump that is if your into movies and such on your phone.As far as mirroring the screen Samsung is coming out with a product so you can do that via wireless. Motoblur was nice on ICS but Touchwiz is just as good you just have to adapt to the differences. The only thing I miss on the Bionic was the 3D Favorite contact widget but all in all I'm very happy. In regards to all that DBM talk it's funny because ny Bionic maintained -84 to -91 and it always dropped Data and a few calls while my SIII maintains a -91 to -104 and has never dropped data or a calls for days now.:cool: Speaking for myself...I'M GOOD..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anantshukla